MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default new calipers (continued)..

No one answered the question below so i started a new thread with the same question as i am curious.

I have a 91lx coupe with stock brakes. I want to change out the lines and i am going with the front and rear kit with stainless lines from Max MotorSports but I want to replace my calipers as well.

Any recommendations for stock replacements? Im looking at the cardone calipers as rock auto has them at a fair price. I dont know if they are good or not.

I already bought my rotors and pads for the front.

Also..i need to bleed them once done. Can anyone recommend a good reasonable pressure bleeder that works well to get this job done. I plan to run all new brake fluid through the lines.

Thanks guys.
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: new calipers (continued)..

I personally use a vacuum pump to bleed the brakes. 35 bux at auto zone.

As far as brake upgrades go my 92LX has the brake system off of a 98 cobra on it and it works really well. I think upgrading to rear disc brakes would be a much better place to spend money than calipers I know thats not what you were asking but just thought I would throw that out there. I dont know if the Cardone products are any good or not.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
scale
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_5.0 View Post
I personally use a vacuum pump to bleed the brakes. 35 bux at auto zone.

As far as brake upgrades go my 92LX has the brake system off of a 98 cobra on it and it works really well. I think upgrading to rear disc brakes would be a much better place to spend money than calipers I know thats not what you were asking but just thought I would throw that out there. I dont know if the Cardone products are any good or not.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.
yes i would love to to a rear disc conversion. No time this season though.

Also...i love the look of the stock rims and you lose that once you go 5 lug....I agree that the rear disks are the way to go. I just dont want to do that right now.
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
USMC302
Registered Member

Dark 5.0, I'm in the middle of my rear disc brake conversion. Had to order custom axle brackets from Northracecars.com. I'm running Moser axles and the 10.6 rotors with 95 Calipers, my calipers would only fit if I used (two) spacers from Northracecars on one side, when they originally give you one for each side....think I might have gotten the wrong calipers? They were both used and locked up so I threw them out last night and plan on ordering new ones, just wondering if the stock 94-95 calipers are the ones to order....Thanks