MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2001, 09:51 PM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Angry new coolant leak after intake install

i know what your thinking but im almost 100% sure its not the lower intake leaking around the front or back seals, i drove it around all day today and it was fine but when i went out earlier this evening the temp guage was all the way up so i pulled over and slowly removed the radiator cap and added about a gallon of coolant, then on the way home the temp fluctuated but never went all the way up, so i popped the hood and there was coolant all over the place including underneath, i ended up seeing some come out of the upper radiator hose at the neck coming from the intake but took it off and there were no cracks in it at all, it may have been down too far and over that bump on the neck and didnt seal properly, but i was also thinking that maybe it was coming out there cause the whole system was so hot and it was relieving pressure there, my question is that could anything with the EGR or any vacuum line that i did wrong make it overheat like this or do you just think its the hose not sealed properly? thanks guys (as i smear the keyboard with grease)

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, pulleys, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after 1.7RR install

fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote