MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2004, 02:44 AM   #1
qwikhuh
Registered Member

Unhappy new fuel pump...regulator too???

I think my fuel pump is about to go out on me. The plugs are a little white so I cleaned the maf, dumped injector cleaner in her and gave her a tune up. I installed a guage on the shrader valve and the pressure jumps initially when I get on the throttle but when I hold the rpm it dives back down to about 33 psi which is below what it is at idle. At idle it is about 36-37 psi with vac., and without vac. it is 44 psi. 19# injectors. Sounds to me like the pump can't keep the flow. Also the pump is loud and I don't know what flow/make/etc. the pump is. I can hear it over my flowmasters that dump under the rear seat. Here is my question. I want to get a 190lph pump. Do I also need to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or will the stock regulator suffice. I talked to a guy at summit racing and he said that anything over factory 88lph flow you need an adjustable regulator. Is he feeding me a line of crap trying to sell me another 100 bucks or is he right. Any help would be appreciated soon cause I don't wanna be stuck with a dead pump.
BBK equal shorties, off-road h pipe, flowmasters, BBK cold air, underdrive pullies, pro 5.0 shifter, Ram clutch, no air pump, proform e-fan, fms alum. driveshaft, 3.73's, msd coil, fms upper control arms, 180 thermo, 255lph pump.
qwikhuh is offline   Reply With Quote