Thread: New MAC intake?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2001, 10:26 PM   #10
gt93mustang
Registered Member

BowTie Eater 5 Liter -

Actually, I have thought about the 'R' series TFS intake and I think it is just too much intake for my application. I am looking for good torque down low for the street, but something that will let my combination breath throughout the band. When I went from my Edelbrock intake to the Saleen intake, I picked up 11-12 HP at all points on the curve. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, but when you look at the increase of area under the curve, it makes a big difference. Unfortunately I lost 5 ft/lbs or torque, so I am looking for something that will give me those types of power gains while bumping my tq back up to where I want it. The Track heat is also a little much for my combination, but the Street Heat is right where I want to be. I would be curious what kind of torque numbers I could get with the Street Heat. Anyways, to get back on the subject, I am trying to decide if I should pay the extra $100 for the proven intake (TFS Street Heat) and get something that looks like I could grill hamburgers on, or get the MAC for $100 less, get a better looking intake, and possibly get an intake that isn't proven yet. Does anyone know MAC's web address?

------------------
MAC equal length headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, 373's, March ram-air kit, underdrive pulleys, 73mm MAF, 75mm TB, Saleen Intake (ported), Edelbrock 6037 heads (ported, polished, 3 angle valve-job 255CFM @.500), 1.6 FMS RR's, Wolverine 1087 Cam, 24lb injectors, MSD 6AL, Subframe connectors, Griggs Fully Adustable Lower Control Arms... and probably some more in there I forgot
gt93mustang is offline   Reply With Quote