MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
forbanger
Registered Member

Default New member! Need help-cruise, fog, horn.

Hi to everyone,
I bought my first, yup, first mustang on Saturday 12/23. Picked it up 4 hours away from home. Too good of a deal to pass up
Well , on my drive home and my excitement I had overlooked to check some small things. The cruise control woundn't work? I don't think it even turns on because I don't see any lights on the dash that indicates that it is. The horn dosn't work either. hit it and nothing happens. Last but not least the fog lights don't work. Look like the bulbs are fine but nothing happens when I flick the switch
I had read on other sites that all of these are connected, is this true What does any one suggest to check first? I did check the fuse (under the hood) and it looks to be fine. Would there be another fuse box somewhere?
By the way, It is a 95 GT with 143,000mi, manual trans. Like I had said I had driven it 4 hours back home and the thing drives like it is brand new I had never owned one before this so I may be exagerating
One more thing, I have this annoying chime that goes on right after I start going, it goes off after a min. It almost sounds like a seat belt chime but again there are no lights that goes on the dash. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Jose
forbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
1989GT
Registered Member

Default Re: New member! Need help-cruise, fog, horn.

Quote:
The cruise control woundn't work? I don't think it even turns on because I don't see any lights on the dash that indicates that it is. The horn dosn't work either.
I'd start by taking the steering wheel off and cleaning the connection.

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
forbanger
Registered Member

Default Re: New member! Need help-cruise, fog, horn.

How do you take the steering wheel off? any diagrams floating around?

thanks,
jose
forbanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: