MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-02-2001, 01:12 PM   #1
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Post New Radiator Purchase

I'm looking to purchase a larger capacity radiator. I'm trying to stay under or around $250 and get the largest 3 or 4 row radiator I can. Where can I get the best deal and how much? Thanks
91GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

get a Ron Davis radiator from Downs ford..i payed 260 i think for min and it works great

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 09:38 AM   #3
rbatson

I have a griffin 2 row and it cost $189 from Summit. It is all the radiator you will ever need. I had 2 guys suggest it to me, one guy is in the 11/10 sec range and the other is in the 9/8 sec range (yes in the quarter) and it is what they both have. You will need a different lower radiator hose though.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 7/20/2001)
My 97 Cobra

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 08-03-2001).]
Old 08-03-2001, 11:46 AM   #4
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Exclamation

I have a GO DAN/GDI Industries 3-row radiator from Pep Boys and it works great! Best of all it only cost $100. If you go there make sure you get the increased capacity radiator instead of a stock replacement, both are $99. You'll know its the 3-row one because it will be huge compared to the wimpy stock one. My temp gage hasn't even come close to the half way mark, even idling in traffic in 90 degree heat with a underdriven water pulley.

The only downside is the stock radiator hold downs won't fit over the larger radiator. I made one of them fit, but it was impossible to get the other one on, so I just made a bracket and put it on instead.

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, Pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 01:04 PM   #5
rbatson

I forgot to mention that you can't use the stock rad mounts with the griffin I'm talking about, there is alittle modding needed.

Where is Valdese? If your close to Wilmington I know someone that can install the rad for your very reasonably.
Old 08-03-2001, 02:42 PM   #6
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
I forgot to mention that you can't use the stock rad mounts with the griffin I'm talking about, there is alittle modding needed.

Where is Valdese? If your close to Wilmington I know someone that can install the rad for your very reasonably.
Valdese is in the foothills, about 6 hrs from Wilmington, but I appreciate the offer.
91GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 04:13 PM   #7
FivepointOH
Registered Member

I'm in the same boat as 91GTturbo... but had a different question... what's the weight difference between an aluminum and brass/copper(whatever the stock one is) radiator?
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote