MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2001, 06:53 PM   #1
stng87
Registered Member

Post EGR? Need advise and suggestions

I have been having problems with the stang lately and cant figure out what is wrong. these are new:
distributor
rotor
cap
wires
coil
EGR
ign mod
tps
plugs (they look good)
fuel filter

Dispite all this I still have a missing problem. It is most noticable under accelleration and when pulling hard at low rpm. I did replace the egr but not the little plastic sensor that is bolted on with 3 bolts, could this be the problem?
When I looked at the old egr it had some carbon in it and I couldnt depress the tip that sticks out of the egr. That is why I got a new one. Still there is no difference when I disconnect the vacuum to it or the wiring harness. Also there is no difference when I disconnect the throttle air bypass. Shouldnt there be??? I need to pull some codes but I am in columbus away from home so I cant use my scanner. if the o2 were bad wouldnt the plugs show it? i think the engine light is shot so no telling. I can hear the fuel pump when the key is turned on, could it just be tired? getting sick of this $#*%$^&, also seems to be getting worse, and have occasional intake popps.
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote