View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
gtnby2
Registered Member

Default Re: newbie help needed air light 91 Stang

Sorry, I havn't been on here for years...(wife and 3 kids now but I still have my car!!!). I would check to see if the bulb is there first. Alot of people disable the Airbag and remove the light cause it's so bright. if its there, make sure its good(switch it with another dash light that you know works). if its not put one in( again switch it unless you have one handy) and turn on the key...see what happens. If it stays on after a few blinks the air bag is faulty. check under the dash ( have to remove the steering column cover and the lower panels) and find the yellow wires. make sure they are plugged in and not damaged. next look under the hood on each side of the bumper support brackets for 2 little black boxes. these are the activation inertia switches for the airbags. if they are there and plugged in, your final option is to pull the airbag from the sterring wheel to see if its plugged in. IT WILL BLOW IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFULL SO UNHOOK THE BATTERY CABLES BEFORE YOU CHECK!!!! other than that, you got me...I never had to go past that point before I found the problem
gtnby2 is offline   Reply With Quote