MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2001, 12:50 AM   #1
93SVTstang
Registered Member

Post next mod

I am trying to get my car to go faster like everyone else and need a suggestion on where to put my money next. I just put MAC fenderwell Cold air induction on it and am waiting for the delivery of my underdrive pulleys. I was thinking-1)new coil, cap, & rotor 2)southside bars or 3)changing the stock fan to something else. What is going give me the most horsepower? Or does anyone have any better suggestions?

------------------
93SVTstang-93 Cobra: 80mm MAF, K&N, 8mm plug wires, shorty headers, off road h-pipe, Borla Cat-back, centerforce clutch, hurst shifter, 3:55s
93SVTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 01:01 AM   #2
88GT5.013.02

Bump the timing to 14 degrees, get a steeper gear (3.73 more street driving or 4.10 street/strip), an electric fan, these are all I can think of right now. I am sure othes will help. Sorry it is late and my brain is fried.
Old 01-12-2001, 04:00 AM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

How much do you want to spend right now. The fan will definatly help out a little, probably nothing you'd really feel much though. You can get a flex-a-lite for $77 from jegs, thats what I use and it cools well.

What you should do is switch out your cam, go with a E-303 if you need emissions. Also you should do your 65mm TB. Once you do those and get your pulleys and all, I would go with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Also bump your timing and I think your car will really scream. No reason to change gears if you have 3.55's already.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shorty headers, Offroad-Hpipe, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, playing with timing still, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb injectors, K/N, March Crank pulley, MSD6a, 9mm wires and FMS Aluminum driveshaft.
Best ET 13.2@106mph Needs tuning...
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:16 AM   #4
Mach 1
Registered Member

Forget the coil, factory one is excellent.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: