MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-15-2002, 02:18 AM   #1
Mustang_GT_90
Registered Member

Default Nitrous 125 Horse Wet System Gains(Kind Of Long But Should Be Interesting)

Ok guys I know this has been played to death and you're sick of hearing it but I just wondered what kind of gains you guys were getting on your nitrous setups with wet kits?
I've got a Nitrous Works setup and ran an 80 shot with a gain of .7 and 8 mph through the quarter spraying in second gear on street tires. An 80 horse shot doesn't really feel like you're doing much, just like you've given it more gas and you notice you're going faster.
Now I'm running a 125 shot spraying in second gear and this is with my new MSD window switch. On the street when you hit the 125 shot you can feel it start to take off and it brings the tires in with the car in second or third (brings them in breaks them loose and spins, not chirps but spins).
Basically what I'm trying to say is it feels like it hits twice as hard. At the track it doesn't spin at all after a good burnout when throwing the switch, but I only got a second gain. It doesn't make any sense to me it feels like it pulls twice as hard though.
Here are the stats, I tried to do this test as close as possible and this includes letting the car cool down and icing the intake before the runs so they would be close to being equal. These runs were made on different days with different air conditions though
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80 Shot-93 Octain, Autolite 24 plugs, 12 degrees base timing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Motor
14.32@97.3 mph

After cooldown on nitrous same burnout same everything
13.68@105.3

Now this gain I consider pretty good. My first time out on the bottle spraying in second and third gear. My motor time I wasn't happy with though I've gone 13.90s a few times on straight motor but colder plugs and a bit less timing I guess had something to do with it, and less favorable air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
125 Shot-93 Octain, Autolite 24 plugs, 12 degrees base timing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run conditions
91 Degrees, 100% humidity(it rained us out eventually), 30.48 barometer

All Motor (After Cooldown-No Ice)
14.5@97.3 - Very Very Bad time, slowest I've gone and hit all four gears but most cars were way off due to the heat

125 Shot (After Cooldown spraying in Second)
13.73@103.4 - On this run I spun pretty bad off the line, a 2.3 60 foot so I pulled back into the pits with nitrous fresh in the line for another go, car still pretty cool.

13.50@105.8 - Still just a 2.13 60', I normally shoot for high 2.0's

I made a few more passes but they were mainly in the high 13.50 range at the same mph. The car had 900 PSI of bottle pressure for these runs but for some reason didn't feal like it was pulling as hard when I threw the switch as it did on the street.

Well guys let me know what you think, what kind of gains have you got out of your Nitrous kits? I figured I'd post and ask but people have told me that this is a pretty normal gain around a second for a 125 shot but it doesn't really feel to me like it's going as fast as it should. Maybe I'm going to have to wait for some good cool weather when I'm making quick motor passes for me to get the times I was shooting for, 12's on street tires. Up until I got to the track from the way it ran when I threw the button I thought I had it all day long.

Thanks for your input
Mustang_GT_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:42 AM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Nitrous can be very decieving sometimes. Alot of people say that their cars feels stronger when they spray it on the street than they do the track. I know that my nitrous hits extremely hard..but sometimes when i'm going down the track i think that it's gonna go like a low, low 4 (1/8th mile) and ends up going like mid 4's. It all depends on weather conditions too. Alot of heat and humidity like you were experiencing can hurt a nitrous motor. But overall it sounds like your on your way to the 12's. Keep trying..you'll get there

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 09:06 AM   #3
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

With some good air I agree you'll be in the 12's for sure, 8-10mph gain is good. I have mine hooked up to the TB for the WOT switch and will spray all through the gears, why not try that? Your 60ft is killing your ET.

My buddy goes 13.68 on motor 1.68 60ft, 11.83 on a 150 shot 1.50 60ft.

I just added the same kit to mine, if I can pick up a second on the 125 shot I'll be in the 10's, hoping for 10.70's.

RadicalGT- Sweet Car, have any pic's? Were you at Maple Grove?

Check out RNH Performance Performance Engines and Custom Fabrication.
From Mild to Wild we can build what you want, when you want it.

FOR SALE Stainless Steel Torque Box Supports
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 09:14 AM   #4
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Thanks Rick..I don't have any really good pictures of it. I need a digital camera do get some really good pics of it. No I wasn't at Maple Grove I wanted to go but the car just wasn't ready. Take care.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 02:00 PM   #5
Mustang_GT_90
Registered Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have sprayed it off the line with the RPM switch, arm the system put it to the floor and it automatically comes in at 3,000. The only problem is when it hits the tires go up in smoke through first second and finally come down off of six grand in part of third. The 60's end up staying about the same and the 330' slows dramatically.
If I lift off the gas and let out of the nitrous bringing it in and out with the WOT switch then it doesn't spin as bad but it still runs about the same time.
Rick 91 GT: Your buddy that is going from 13.60s to 11.80s I'm guessing he's spraying off the line launching with the nitrous and probably using slicks right?
I did that with an 80 shot and went 13.003@can't find the time slip in this stack but it was well over 108. That was spraying all the way down the track and speedshifting on the juice.
I guess I'm gonna have to get a set of Hoosier's or M/T's but I wanted to get my 12s on street tires.
Anyways thanks for the info again guys, I gotta go get my bottle filled for tommorow night
Mustang_GT_90 is offline   Reply With Quote