MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2002, 03:14 PM   #1
gtsr515
Registered Member

Default Nitrous Oxide

In your opinion, what is the best spray kit out there right now for a basic street setup, nothing outrageous, just a basic 75-150 type system, single stage. I always liked the NOS stuff, but I hear there are better, user friendly systems out now.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Green9550
Resident Redneck

I have heard some very good things about NX (Nitrous Express). They ony make wet kits but I think they would be the company I would go with if I ever went with nitrous. The NOS kits are nice but they are dry. I honestly don't know much about nitrous, but as long as you have enough fuel you should be good with either system. Hope this helps. Take it easy.

-Billy
95' GT: 306, XL Ross Pistons, Ultra Lite H-beam Rods, Forged Scat Crank, 28oz Romac, 28oz JW flexplate, FTI ported RPM II intake, FTI ported AFR 165's, FTI custom cam, 75mm BBK Throttle body, 80mm Pro-M, 4800 PI stall, PA Super Comp AODE, Strange 33 spline race axles, Strange ultra lite spool, Motive lite 4.30's, Strange rear race brakes, Mega bite seniors, double adjustable uppers w/spherical bushings, Racecraft anti-roll bar, LPW rear end girdle, Metco d/s loop, A9L conversion, AFM PMS
Green9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 05:05 PM   #3
gtsr515
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply my friend, but I must modify my request to dry systems only, the stock EFI intake was never ever designed to have ANYTHING wet going through it. Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:47 PM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

No it will work with the stock Intake.. But some times And i do mean Some times it can Puddle Gas and then start a Fire/Backfire in the Intake.. But Many poeple do use them and they are fine next is what year is your car I really if you go 75Shot that Dry will be the best bet for you But Any time you want to go more should look in to a Wet But then once more there are Many that Run 150HP on Dry setups I like the Big Shot way of doing it I goes on the lower intake Looks like a spacer and is a wet setup but thats I think not sure 200 min might be 150-175 tho I have not look really close. ZEX makes a Nice Kit I belive Well I have not heard any thing BAd and Some guys like the look of it to nice and clean looking.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 06:11 PM   #5
gtsr515
Registered Member

I know wet will work, but like you said it can puddle and has on me before. NO MORE WET FOR ME.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:01 PM   #6
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

I am running the zex kit on my car with the 125 hp jet right now. I am very impressed with the kit overall, kickass power, nice look, easy to install. Plus its just about the cheapest kit out there. Good Luck with whatever you do man, John.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:26 PM   #7
gtsr515
Registered Member

That's the kit I was looking for, but couldn't remember the name.

How much was it, and what failsafe methods does the kit use.

Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
91GTturbo
Registered Member

How about one of the wet kits that use a plate between the upper and lower intake? You get the benefit of that "instant" hit like with a carbed/nitrous setup. And with the gas and nitrous being sprayed in at the same time too, looks like it would really elimanate any tuning issues.

I've always used NOS brand kits and thought they were very good quality. Since going turbo, I haven't kept up with it too much anymore so I can't comment on any of the other kits.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:02 PM   #9
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Zex claims to have the safest kit on the market today, but as long as its used properly, every kit is safe. The kit includes a nitrous managment unit, which is just a small box containing the solenoids. Very easy to install. A wire hooks up to one of the leads running out of your tps, another wire sets a ground, and one is hot. The kit actually learns how much voltage you are reading at your tps on wide open throttle, and thats what tells it when to shoot. It is also supposed to know how much juice to shoot due to bottle pressure, so you dont shoot too much when the bottle is full, or too little when its empty. It has 2 vacuum hoses, one runs to the fpr, the other runs to the back of the intake. The only other thing you have to do is tap into your air induction tube(or hose) after the mass air and screw in the nozzle. Overall its really easy to install, the instructions suck-but we are all used to that. If you decide to go with the kit I would order it from atlanticspeed.com. Its 469 plus shipping so it comes out to less then 500 to your door. If you decide to get it and need some help with the install just let me know man -John
Old 04-25-2002, 09:11 PM   #10
gtsr515
Registered Member

NotchJohnson....thanks for the informative reply, I like the idea of tapping into the TPS for activation, Brilliant!!!

Definetly my next kit, I've installed a few NOS kits in my day, so I won't need any help on the install, but thank you anyway, and I'll keep you in mind for other things as well, I like your username, so i won't forget who to call....kinda like ghostbusters!

I'm watching "Swordfish" on DVD right now, DAMN!, is Halle Berry hot!
Old 04-26-2002, 01:22 AM   #11
explicitone
Registered Member

notchjohnson how many miles are on your stang

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:54 PM   #12
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Just turned 75,000 last week. No problem gts, now hurry up and get it so you can send all those pesky LS1s back home to cry to their mommys! Good luck man - John