MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2001, 12:53 AM   #1
WADS56
gear banger

Question nitrous people

Ok, I am looking at nitrous systems for my car. The motor is set up for a blower but I will not have the money to do it the right way for a few years. I would need the supercharger (3500.00) bigger injecters (700.00) and a management system (1500.00). That is just a rough number but it is still allot of cash that I don't have right now.
I am looking into a nitrous setup because it would be the cheap and easy way to get me in the low 10's.
If I were to run a wet nitrous setup I would not need to step up to a bigger injecter right? Also, what would be a good system? I don't want the plate system that mounts between the throtal body and intake. I am looking at a fogger system or one that will mount between the upper and lower of my victor 5.0 intake. What size shot would I need to put me in the low 10's? My car will do high 11's on motor, click on my sig to see my mods and tell me what you think.
Thanks,
Wade

------------------
NA 347 W/ stage 2 Canfield heads, out of the box Victor 5.0 intake, solid roller cam, Aeromotive fuel system.
MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 04:17 AM   #2
84_GT350
Registered Member

Well...first off...I think your numbers are a bit high. A good blower kit will run around $3K, bigger injectors between $300-$400, and around $750 for a PMS system. And since your thing says you live in Chicago it's safe to assume these aren't in Canadian prices. But either way nitrous is cheaper. With a wet system you won't need bigger injectors but the kits are usually more expensive I think. I could be backwards though. Depending on how big a dry kit is you might not need injectors either. Many dry kits shut off the return fuel line to boost pressure in the rails. Just a thought. And plate systems are not fogger systems. Fogger systems use jets that spray directly into the cylinder via a port drilled and tapped in the cylinder head. It's extremely accurate as far as distribution, but considerably more expensive. I'd say a 150 shot or 200 shot should put you where you wanna be. And you can get that from either a dry or wet kit.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

"I made the turn at 108,
And he was up on my back gate,
And I knew he had something bad,
Underneath that hood.
So I pushed it up to 110,

84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
Moxie
Registered Member

A good nozzle system (Fogger is a NOS trademark, the generic term is a direct port nozzle system) will run you $800-1000, plus labor if you pay someone, or a considerable amount of time if you do it yourself. Also, it includes drilling holes into the intake manifold. If you're not planning on running nitrous permanently, I would recommend against a nozzle setup.

A basic EFI system puts the nozzle in front of the throttle body. A 150hp kit will run around $500. There is really nothing wrong with this type of kit, although some people have an unnatural fear of spraying fuel through the intake.

The intermediate option is the plate between the upper and lower intakes. Top Gun offers a kit for the Edelbrock Performer intake for $629. They don't have a standard plate for the Victor, although they will machine an aluminum plate for just about any setup you want.

------------------
Moxie Racing

The Nitrous Oxide Information Site
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 07:57 PM   #4
exgmguy
Registered Member

What do you trap now? If you ran a high 11 at say 115 on slicks, and wanted to spray a low 10, you would need about a 250 shot for sure.

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer

See my car at: www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?179
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 11:21 PM   #5
WADS56
gear banger

Quote:
Originally posted by exgmguy:
What do you trap now? If you ran a high 11 at say 115 on slicks, and wanted to spray a low 10, you would need about a 250 shot for sure.

Thats what I was thinking. I am looking at the "NOS" sportsman fogger system. I always see them on carbed motors, but would it work for EFI? I would think that it would because it is a wet kit and it would not matter if it was carbed or injected because it meters the fuel it needs.

WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote