MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
Blaster
Registered Member

Default Nitrous problems HELP!!!!

I recently purchased a nitrous works 125hp plate for 91 GT, it has a 331 in it with ported performer heads, RPM intake, bigger mass air, inj.,4.10's, MSD digital 6 plus, window switch, etc. Anyhow, i got it set up and the purge leaks a tiny bit so I guess no big deal until i can get a new one. My problem is when I get on the car with the nitrous turned on it pops mainly in 3rd and 4th gear at the top ends of each gear. I played with the fuel pressure and leaned it out about as much as I thought was safe (30 psi KOER) but it still pops abit. I have a custom burnt chip too which I'm sure was tuned for my original pressure and probably pretty lean already. I put NGK R BKR5EY plugs in the car becuase I was told they are 1 stage colder than my old ones (NGK fr5 I believe). Could it be the plugs?? My old best was 12.80 at 108mph N/A, and I ran a 12.33 at 113.5mph with the nitrous w/a 1.80 60"ft time. Any ideas??? I was expecting to drop at least 1 second with a 125 wet shot!!!
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Nitrous problems HELP!!!!

Well since you have a custom chip the only answer is to get another tune cause you are not really able to make any effective changes when running a custom chip.

How do the plugs look after a nitrous run.

Last edited by Dark_5.0; 06-03-2007 at 02:17 PM..
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
skiwesser
Registered Member

I agree,
The guy who tuned and burned a chip for my car said not to touch F.P., timing, and definetly not to spray it until he puts a nitrous tune on it (the chip has 4 settings available), it's killing me because I'm plumed and ready to go but I have to take him $250, 2 bottles and a hand full of jets first

Still haven't been to strip yet, trying to wait until the gas but it's getting hot....so
88 GT: subs,pullies, 1 3/4 longtubes, flowmasters, AFR 165's,T,F #1 cam,Thyphoon intake, 24# inj., 73mm C&L,65mmT.B., 190LPH pump, Eagle sir rods, forged pistons in a newly rebuilt 306.

DYNO TUNED TO 300.97 RWHP 337RWTQ
skiwesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Blaster
Registered Member

I talked to my tuner today and he said my chip should not effect my nitrous performance!!??I even took my chip out to try (still pops 3rd and foutrth mid high rpms) I have tried changing the plugs and going to a .35" gap (still pops in 3rd and 4th mid to high range rpms), I have played with my fuel pressure (tried 40psi vacuum line off, 45 psi same, 50 psi same)(still pops) How high and/or low fuel psi (vacuum line off) do I dare try?? The old plugs were grey/white.... Could something be plugging the nitrous solenoid and not letting it spray properly, hence my only 1/2 second gain and 5mph in the 1/4?? I used teflon paste, not tape and the solenoidswere brand new. I have heard some very negative things about this stupid Nitrous Works 125hp non-adj plate system I purchased (not to mention the purge solenoid leaked from new!! and their Tech department is totally ignoring me REGARDING ANY SORT OF WARRANTY) Thanks for nothing Barry Grant!!! I have played with my digital 6 plus I put in there and changed the timing retard all over the map. What should I do??? I hate my new nitrous and wish I never bought it because the gains are nothing close to what i expected (1sec and10mph in the 1/4) and my stang runs like crap on the jug.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
Blaster
Registered Member

I solved the problem, I don't know how or why but I set my MSD box to 0 and 0 on the RPM limiter (defaults the box to 12 500rpm) and my popping went away!!!! My buddy recommended trying it because he said I was probably loading up on the juice but not when running N/A hence no popping. I had my tuner get rid of the of the factory rev-limiter with a reburn of my chip because I knew I wanted the MSD to cut the RPM's by reducing spark (not fuel like the factory one). I had the box set at 6500rpms before. Any ideas on why this may have been happening??? Why would it have started popping at 4000-6000rpm when the limiter was at 6500???? Anyhow the car pulls like a SOB now. I just wish there was a way to make my purge solenoid stop leaking (Nitrous works, leaked from new!!!!) Can I tighten something on it???