View Single Post
Old 07-18-2001, 12:00 AM   #3
Mike Souslin
Registered Member

I am also currently searching for a nitrous kit and have questions as to go with a wet or a dry kit. At the Norwalk FFW last weekend I was talking to the guy's at the Compucar booth as to which was better. They told me that a wet kit is the only way to go.
I did ask about fuel puddling in the upper intake and I was told (keep in mind this was from folks that work for Compucar) that the fuel puddling problem is a myth that the people at NOS came up with to sell more dry kits. They told me that if your use a WOT switch that puddling will not be a factor. I understand that it would be beneficial to have nitrous and fuel being added but I just don't know! I have noticed that most of the EFI kits available are wet kits. I am now leaning toward the NOS big shot plate system that mounts between the upper and lower intake (this should avoid the puddling problem???) Good luck in your research and I will post anything that I find out.

------------------
91 Coupe with fresh rebuild. Running Stage 2 Avenger heads (51cc chambers), Stage 2 cam (.549, .566)1.7 Crane Gold Race rockers, Port matched GT-40 upper & lower, 75mm Bullet MAF, 65mm Accufab TB, MSD 6AL, Long Tubes through off road and Dynomax muffs. Stock T-5 and 3.73 gears. Big Blue Bottle on it's way!!!
Best time so far = 60'=2.021, 1/8=8.366 at 86.37 mph and the 1/4 was 12.926 at 108.94mph.
Mike Souslin is offline   Reply With Quote