View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 12:25 PM   #7
XR1stang
Registered Member

now this may sound completely silly but have you replaced your coil? I see you did a lot of stuff over on the ignition area but I didn't see that you had replaced your coil.

I had some of the same issues that you speak of a long time ago. My car would just suddenly turn off while driving down the road, usually while turning sharply to the right (if that matters). I changed out most of the stuff that you mentioned to no effect... but when I changed out the coil everything was "fixed". Go figure. Coils aren't all that expensive, even if you get something like a Screamin Demon, so it won't break the wallet to try it.

There were a few recalls on various ignition areas on our cars. I know the ignition switches were recalled (mine was indeed faulty), and then there was the general recall for almost every car Ford made up until about 1995... I can't recall what it was for though, I keep thinking TPS but that's not what it was, maybe someone else on here will remember.

Funny thing is I checked alldata.com and it didn't even mention that safety recall, nor the drivers side seat bracket saftey recall for the 94/95.

FWIW here is what alldata.com had for Saftey Recalls on the 95 models:

01S30 DEC 01 Recall - Cooling Fan Motor Circuit Breaker Installation

01S28 SEP 01 Recall - Air Bag Module Inspection/Replacement

00S37 OCT 00 Recall - Park Brake Control Modification

97S88 NOV 97 Recall - Hood Separation Inspection/Repair

95S17 AUG 95 Recall - Tie Rod End Inspection/Replacement

95S06 MAR 95 Recall - Passenger Side Air Bag Inspection