MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Year2001Boogie
Registered Member

Question Wont Start, help! 1995 GT 5.0

Someone please help!

I have had this problem for years & the dealrship thinks Im crazy!

I have a 1995 GT Mustang V-8 5.0automatic, 33,000 miles (only owner, myself)

The problem I started having was about 3 years ago, when I turn on the car, it wouldnt start, it keeps going like it wants to turnover but nothing happens, one day it didnt start so I put it in "N" to pushed the car to move it, then got in & started fine, (this doesnt happen all the time but now I would say one out of every ten times I try to start the car this happens), so when ever the car doesnt want to start, I put it in "N" and it starts right away, now the additional problem I am having, is that it now also just all of the sudden turns of while I'm driving, and the the problem happens where the car wont start, sounds like it, will but just never gets to that point of being ON! I usually can get it started while its in "N" & still rolling or coasting
Does anyone know anything about this?
Any suggestions?

I have changed or the dealership had changed the following,
battery, alternator, battery cables & ends
fuel filter, fuel line, starter, distributor cap, distributor wire, spark plugs, some re-lay switch thats unknown to me, plus a few other things that I cant recall right now, I have had the entire fuel system also changed, from having the tank emptied and clean, to running all new lines & filters

A couple of times that it didnt start in "N" .... (I have no idea how the logic behind this one & how it works, but it started everytime) If it doesnt start in "N" I will simply put my foot out the door and push it forward or backwards, maybe a couple inches, I crank it up, & it starts.

ONLY REASON I tried that because another person I know had the same problem but with a Buick LaSabre, same identical symptoms, he finally found a mechanic that fixed his problem, it was the
"Crank Sensor", so the brain surgeon that I am I took it in to get the crank sensor changed on my mustang also..... well come to find out it doesnt have a crank sensor, & the mechanic wasunable to find the problem.

Also a while back about 4 to 6 months ago, a friend was telling me that the was a recall on some part of many ford cars that caused the engine to shut down out of the blue, they had made a report of how many accidents it has caused ...
does anyone know anything about that one?