MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Exclamation Odd starting problems

Alright, i haven't had a problem with this car in awhile now. Just recently within the past week my car has been on the fritz with starting, and I've had no problems like this before. At first I thought it was a possible battery problem, reason being, last night my car died at work. So i had it jumped, it took about 5 starts and about 10 min hooked up to the other car to even get it to turn over. The first try after the 10 mins, the car started right up no problems. Didn't have the car off till i got home at about 1am. Once again this morning the car wouldn't start, just went and put a new battery in, cleaned all the terminals and such, and nothing. It's getting power, everything works fine with the exception of starting. Right now, the car won't even turn over. I just get the click. I've also noticed that the battery gauge isn't where it was last night when I got it started when jumped. It's a 850@cca battery. I just replaced the starter about 3 months ago, no problems with anything. Im not exactly sure what to test or what to look into to fix this problem. i'm also on a very tight 12hr work day 7 days a week, so i can't afford to not have a car right now. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote