MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-13-2001, 04:48 AM   #1
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Question Off-road X pipe /Borla

I need to know what your oppinion would be on the sound of an Off-road X pipe w/ a Borla cat back? Im thinking of putting it on my stock 91 5.0 car sometime in the future. I want something that sounds original. Please tell me what you think!! Thank You
Brady91 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 01:18 PM   #2
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

pLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS. tHANKS
Old 01-13-2001, 09:30 PM   #3
93SVTstang
Registered Member

I have the Borla cat back on my Cobra now, but I have an off-road H-pipe. The exhaust is rather quiet when compared to Flowmaster or the like, but the tone is way better, especially when you get on it. I think you will be very impressed with the sound with the X-pipe as long as you don't want it loud all the time. Hope this helps.

------------------
93SVTstang-93 Cobra: 80mm MAF, K&N, 8mm plug wires, shorty headers, off road h-pipe, Borla Cat-back, centerforce clutch, hurst shifter, 3:55s
93SVTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 09:49 PM   #4
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

93SVTstand-what did you pay for you borla cat back? Do you have there website? i dont know of anybody w/ borla on a foxbody , around here so it should be original!! How is the quality of the borla? is it easy to install? 1 more thing do they ship things out fast? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-14-2001, 04:38 AM   #5
Darkside
Registered Member

Borla has a site with a section hear the sounds of Borla,go to http://www.borla.com/main.htm or go to your search section type in www,Borla ,com when the list go to the world of borla.

------------------
89 Notchback 347 Trick flow heads and intake bbk full length headers 3.73 Pro Charger with 3 row intercooler and much much more never enough got to go faster!!!
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 01:40 AM   #6
93SVTstang
Registered Member

Brady91 GT, I actually bought the car with the cat-back already on it, so I don't know about installation or shipping, but I know the guy I bought the car from paid $570 for the cat-back. The cheapest I have seen it recently was from Brothers's for $585, but I ordered a set of pulleys from them almost 2 weeks ago when they told me I would receive them in 5 days, but they haven't come in yet, so you probably don't want to order from them if you want it in a hurry. It has a very different sound and everybody that hears it loves it...even people that aren't car nuts. As far as quality, I think you get a lifetime warranty so that tells you right there that they are good and to further back it up, I think mine were put on a few years ago and they still shine like new. Hope this helps, Beau

------------------
93SVTstang-93 Cobra: 80mm MAF, K&N, 8mm plug wires, shorty headers, off road h-pipe, Borla Cat-back, centerforce clutch, hurst shifter, 3:55s
93SVTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 02:01 AM   #7
chris91LX
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I just had to swap my off road x and my stock h pipe and I can tell you there was a huge difference. Sounded like a completely differen't car. Definitely louder and it definitely makes people wonder what you have under the hood. I have headers and the Dynomax cat back system on my ride so the sound might be a little more mellow with your Borla system, but it'll definitely add a little thunder.

------------------
91 LX 5.0
Z t-5, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3:73's, K&N w/ homemade Ram Air, Vortech 73mm Mass Air, Accufab 65mm TB, BBK underdrives, BBK unequal length headers, Bassani x pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back, Kenny Brown Super Subs, Factory Five Control Arms Crane HI-6S Ignition, Nitto 450 Extremes, BBK cold air fenderwell and more to come!
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote