MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-08-2001, 12:06 PM   #1
QUIN
Registered Member

Post OIL IN INTAKE almost sure from 'pcv'

whats up all? sorry for my hybernation but that happens in the winter sometimes!! ha ha. plus i lost my computer access when my company was shut down. but there is life w\o internet i had to remind myself!! j\k.
ok,
HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP!
for those who know me, this problem occured before my engine rebuild, and after. i put on an edelbrock intake and a mass air conversion last spring and when we rebuilt the motor last fall i found i had oil in my intake puddling around the front. figured after everthing it would go away. well, i moved to columbus and got situated and took the front cover off my intake (love them edelbrocks!) and sure enought the oil was puddling again. after taking the hoses off and inspecting and also realizing there was none in the throttle body area i determined it had to be coming from the pcv. of course, "HAD" is a strong word. but it really appears that is where its entering the intake is threw the two openings that the pcv (or is it pvc? can never remember that) hose connects to on the intake. im not trying to be technical with my vocabulary as you can surely tell!!
anyway, its a new valve and i wondered if anyone knows anything or has run into this in the past that could help me before i start replacing new parts for possibly no reason at all. it is rather cheap thank goodness compared to some things!
by the way, the grommet is installed properly on the intake. i checked that during the engine rebuild.
thanx for any help or info.

by the way, for those who know me, (if any still here) i assume you are. girlfriend and i totalled her car in december. left than right on the highway and head on into the guard rail. air bags deployed and nobody was hurt bad, but scared really good! not to bring up anything, but it must of looked a lot like Dales wreck. it was a tiburon we were in, (korean krap) (not trying to flame, just opinion) and the good news is that she now has a caddilac, thanx to her ,,,,, man. hee hee.
couldnt handle the mustangs insurance, but she will get one in time. we were looking at a 99 six cylinder and i thought id rather get her and older 5.0 than spend so much on a six when the caddy was sitting next to it for the same price.
sorry for the ranting. been gone for a while.
any help would be great!!!!
also, i only get on the net at the library and my dads currently so i might not get back for a couple days.
thanx all.
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, welds

The beast has awoken!

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 02:03 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Cool

WELCOME BACK BUD Glad everyone was OK after that accident!

Don't know what to tell you about oil in the intake if it's not coming from the PCV. I am having problem but it was due to bad heads and a cam that didn't pull S**T for vacuum. Where does the PCV hook up to on the E'brock? You could install a filter in the PCV line to rule it out as well?

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:09 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

i don't know much about the pcv system, but maybe just a new valve would do.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

whats up kid..long time..i was just thinking were all the old regualrs were..

i had the same problem as you..it sucks..
-what i ended up doing is put breather on the drivers valve cover(1. to let some oil breathe threw it instead of my intake and 2. to create a little less vacuum in my intake so the pvc wouldnt want to suck all the oil in)
-i also mad baffles for my valve covers so oil would not have a direct path to my intake..
-i also made diffrent ways to hook up the vacuum..right now i am running 3/8" hose out the back of one of the intake ports and spliting it to the pvc in the back of the intake and the oil fumes pressure recirculation port(sounds like a good name ) on the throttlle body..i did this so these both essentially had to split the same vacuum reducing how much oil fumes they would take in..it works but it worked even better when i put a inline carb clear fuel filter right b4 the pvc line that goes to the TB..
i have reduced my oil comsumpsion lil to nun..i mean u r soposed to have a tab bit come back threw the motor..this just keeps the oil valley and valve covers under no pressure so leaks are minimzed

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 12:45 AM   #5
1989GT
Registered Member

WEll I'll be a SOB. Not only did you return my email but you're posting on the msg board to! Damn! Sounds like LX is on the right path. My car just started sucking oil. I'm pretty sure it's the PCV. Gonna check that tomorrow. Glad to see your back man, and in one piece. Ohh and you need to change your location to columbus now.

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:37 AM   #6
QUIN
Registered Member

well its definately good to be back, and good to hear some of you actually might of missed me!!! dont get that too often!! ha ha.
that is a lot of help. im glad that others have experienced this and i got some good ideas to work with. i really didnt know where to begin, except replacing the valve, which is less than a year old.
i changed my address for you ryan, and now they gave me a new password because me email changed also. watch me have to start all over with post # 1. that would blow!!!! i am not a rookie!!! ha ha.
well, gentlemen, i have to start preparing myself for march madness, and the fact that today is my birthday, (28 arggghhhhh) so thanx for the responses and i will get back with you all soon on my progress. (after it gets above freezing outside anyway!!!)
thank god for beater trucks!!!
appreciate it much.
also, LXXLR8R~ do you have any times on your car? it appears we have VERY similar set ups and im just wondering what i should expect. i only got two runs in before the track closed and my car wasnt tuned at all. that and i had shitty street tires on it. after major wheel spin i pulled a 14.4 (horrible) and then a 13.9 after i got a tad of experience on the first run. still need to learn my best shift points. after that and a little tuning\practise, and get me some more sticky tires,,, i think 12's will be a very real possibility. im just hoping to get towards mid 12's!
anyway, i was hoping you might have some times that i could compare to since our set ups are so similar. i figure if i can gain a half second after one run,,,, give me 10 to 20 more to get the feel and ill be SMOKEN!
thanx all, i really needed that info!
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

The beast has awoken!

Old 03-09-2001, 11:44 AM   #7
QUIN
Registered Member

by the way, my mph on the second run was 106 and my 60 foot was like a 2.2 ha ha
you can see where my problem is!!!
with that mph though, i think i could easily get 12's and possible get the mph up to about 110 or 112 too. a 13.9 at 106 to me just shows something is wrong somewhere (60 ft) because that mph is pretty good. so tires, tuning, and practise,,,,,,
12.5 possible???? i think it may be. at least, that is my goal till i get it. then ill go from there!
later,
Q
Old 03-09-2001, 11:53 AM   #8
QUIN
Registered Member

not that anyone cares,,,, but i just noticed RICK and i registered on the same month,,,, perhaps even the same day?????
ha ha.
also, looking at ryans times,,, i know 12.5's will be possible with my mph on a 2.20 60 ft.!!!
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged pistons,edelbrock head\intak,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,180*therm,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

The beast has awoken!

Old 03-09-2001, 01:58 PM   #9
1989GT
Registered Member

Yeah I think mid 12's is realistic. Especially on slicks. Maybe even lower, depends on how well that cam works for ya. All my passes are on BFG drag radials. I've found that the more I hook the more my MPH goes up. Sort of strange. A 106 is good for 12's and something tells me once you get it to hook the MPH will go up. I got my new clutch in last week end and I'm going down to race tomorrow.( I blew my clutch the first week end of racing Hopefully I'll have some better times.

------------------
89GT,T-5Z, D.S.S. 306 shortblock w\main support, B-303 cam, Cobra intake, GT40P heads, 1.72rr, MAC "P" headers, MAC off-road H-Pipe, MAC true-fit w\tips, 373's...and the list goes on!
Throttle Junkie Powered by Ford!
12.824 @ 107.05 MPH
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote