MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-10-2002, 12:52 AM   #1
ballistic_331LX
Registered Member

Thumbs down Oil Pressure @ 0 Psi As I Crossed The 1320...any Ideas Why???

well, i made 3 passes at the track.....on my 3rd pass as i crossed the finish i looked and noticed no oil pressure....is it a good possibility i lost the oil pump to distributor shaft. it was the melling piece that came with the pump, guess i should have gotten the ARP shaft, DARN.the motor is still alright THANK GOD. ......i pulled the distributor out the shaft looked to be in the proper location and when i let the motor sit for 15 minutes i had a buddy of mine look at the mechanical line then a started it for 3 seconds and he said no oil came out of the block to the line....so i said ok..any ideas...

i will take the distributor out and run the oil pump primer on it tomorrow and check for tension/load like it what it should normaly be like to see if it seems to be still in one piece.....i also will pull the oil filter off and prime the pump again and see if priming will shoot oil out of the oil filter location....which is what should happen on a normal opearating oil system when the filter is removed...which would be a good lead to the problem...i guess....i was also told that running a hi-volume pump could lead to blowing the oil filter insides to oblivion.....well....i will find out in december most likely........have fun!!!!

THE MOTOR HAS BARELY 3400 MILES ON IT!!! EVERYTHING IS NEW
ballistic_331LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:55 AM   #2
IMPULSERACING
Registered Member

Good chance its the Shaft. If so, the ARP one is only around $10.00
92' LX Hatch (New Combo Coming Soon) Long-Tubes, Off-road H-Pipe, Pro-Dumps, Auburn Pro, 373:1, Strange Axels c-clip elims, control arms, supersubs, 50/50's, Moroso rear trick springs, no sway bars, 5-Lug Pro-Stars 3 1/2", 8 1/2 26x10.5" MT ET streets, N20

91' LX 5.0 Convertable: CobraR Hood, Cobra Spoiler, Cobra R Rims

2001 Expedition: Brush Guard, Clear Corners, Gen 1 Tail Lites, Carbin Fiber Dash Trim, Billet Aluminum A/C Knobs, Flame Gauges
IMPULSERACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Joe50
Registered Member

With the high volume oil pumps at high rpms you can auctually be pumping the oil to the heads faster than it can drain back into the pan...you may have been sucking air. That is the one horrible thing about high volume pumps.

'94 Vibrant Red GT
Joe50 is offline   Reply With Quote