MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2002, 07:47 AM   #1
madmike
Registered Member

Exclamation ok tell me my next mod

ok i have a 89 convertable with lowering springs cobra r rims steeda suspension and a handy dandy roll bar that looks pretty cool. as for the engine the lower end is stock but i bought the twisted wedge heads an e cam 1.6 roller rockers msd 6al ignitionequal length shortys with off road h pipe and flowmasters the intake is a cobra as well is the mass air the throtle body is a 70 mm. I have 24 pound injectors but am not sure if i should put them in yet. well if anyone has any suggestions on how to bump up my horses a little more that would be killer.oh i allso have a pro auburn with 3:55s in the rear
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:36 AM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb What's Next?

You can install the 24# injectors, just make sure you also install a 155 or 190 gph FP and adjustable regulator.

You didn't mention tranny type.
If it's a stock AOD, it'll need beefing real soon (shift kit, looser converter). If it's a T-5, it'll blow eventually so consider a Tremec and a HD clutch set-up with an outside adjuster when - or before - that happens.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #3
chris91LX
Registered Member

I'll second Mr50 on that adjustable clutch setup. Sounds like you have a good setup already, it's just the detail stuff now to maximize what you have. If you do have a T5, a setup from Steeda, UPR, Fortes or someone else for a clutch quadrant and a firewall adjuster would be a good step. The quadrant is much stronger than the plastic stock one and the adjuster lets you adjust the clutch to where it is most comfortable for you. Other items you could look at would be:
1. 190lph fuel pump as mentioned by Mr50
2. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3. Line lock setup
4. sub frame connectors (if you don't already have them with the Steeda Susp.)
5. A new coil PS91 or better if you didn't get one with the MSD ign.
6. Autometer Tach and assorted gauges, as the stock ones are reputed to be somewhat inaccurate.
7. NOS
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:17 AM   #4
madmike
Registered Member

Talking ok my next question is ?

i havent really raN it with all the mods yet so i would like a little guess on what you all think it would run in the qaurter with street tires of course.to all the other stuff you guys mentioned i do have the heavy duty t-5 and the king cobra clutch with a billet steel fly wheeland i did get the coil for the msd.I am also thinking of getting the pro-m mass air 75mm to if you guy have any pros or cons about that let me know plz.im sure later on down the road(like next tax return)im planning on getting the TkO ohadidohave the adjustable clutch cable from ford motor sports i just do not have the firewall adjuster which im sure would make life a little easier.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 11:42 AM   #5
chris91LX
Registered Member

Your a lock for low 13's, high 12's if you really know how to drive it. I know a guy who went 12.3 with a combo very similar to yours, but it was gutted, on slicks and full drag suspension. He was running 270rwhp.

If you have an adjustable cable you don't need a firewall adjuster, they both do the same thing, the firewall adj just makes it easier.

Best thing you could do is get the car dynoed, it'll tell you where you are making your peak hp (so you know your shift points), your air/fuel ratio (so you can tell if you are running lean or rich), and shows you your power and torque curves to give you and idea of where you need improvement, (ie low end, high end).
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #6
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

There is one thing to think about if you really think you will end up with a tremec. If you sell your t-5 while it is still good you can get four or five hundred for it. That money could help pay for the tremec. If you wait until you blow it, which you eventually will, you'll have to take the loss and pay full price for the tremec.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote