MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-04-2001, 03:08 PM   #1
Just me
Registered Member

Red face Oops. Did I mess up.

Hey all. I wanted to know if accidently plugging in the wrong firing order can do damage? I bought a new cap and rotor like I always do every couple of months, but I've never done the firing order wrong on a car before. I do it the 1 for 1 way. Well, I did the firing order wrong and didn't realize it. I cranked over the engine and it ran horrible(of course), with a quick backfire out of the exhaust. Turned it of quick. I had it on for about 5 seconds. After that I fixed the firing order and the car runs great again execpt for temp. Its running hot all of the sudden. It never ran hot. I checked for any type of smoke out of the exhaust and for bubbles in the radiator(and its full). I checked the radiator fan and its a bit on the weak side, it never was before. Can this happen(the fan)? Or is there another simple way to check for head gasket problems? I also checked to see if the distributor was loose(for timing). Nothing. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long posts. Thanks.

Just me
91'lx, 302 block, crank pulley, no smog, short belt, Wolverine 1087 cam, 15 deg timing, TFS TW heads, motorsport 1.6 3/8 stud RR, ARP studs, TFS chrome hardened push rods, 24lb inj, BBK 255lph fuel pump, Areomotive billet adj FPR, Performer RPM intake(ported to 75mm), 1" spacer, Motorsport polished tall valve covers(love em), Pro-M 77, Acufab 75mm TB, Ford idle air bypass valve, K&N conical, MSD 6AL and coil, 9mm MS cables, NGK bkr5e 11 plugs@55, motorsport 3 core radiator,160 thermostat, Hurst short throw, motorsport 410 gears, aluminum drive shaft,Kenny brown Subs, Mac 1 3/4"Long tube, custom 3"off road xpipe, 2 chamber Flow Masters, 3 1/2" tailpipes HAL tubular K-member, KYB struts and shocks, Eibach springs, Steeda 2.5" Cowl, Steeda rear wing, black Dupont centari acrylic enamel paint.
Just me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 09:24 PM   #2
Just me
Registered Member

Nevermind. I didn't have enough coolant when the thermostat was open. Duh. My coolant canister has a small hole half way down, so fluid gets out every now and then. Gotta get a new one. Which canister is a nice piece for a dressed up 91' engine compartment.
Thanks
Just me is offline   Reply With Quote