MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
leo
Registered Member

Post Two problems, overheating a vibration.

After my transmission got rebuilt for the last damn time, (blew two thirdgear syncros and a fork), I have this bad vibration over 90mph and mild between 40-45. It feels like its coming from the rear end but not sure. Could tranny mounts cause this? How do I check? I got new wheels and tires a couple of weeks ago so its DEFINITELY not that. I had gears installed about 3 mo. ago, could it be those?

#2 OVerheating! I changed out the tstat for the second time and its not that. I'm losing coolant somewhere, no visable leaks though.

Also, what are there small bubbles in my oil?

THanks guys,
Leo

------------------
1990GT 5.0 302, T-5, Explorer Upper, Cobra Lower, MAC pullies, 3.73's, K&n Air filter, Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust, Motorsport headers, RAM Clutch, Motorsport 3 core, Offroad H-pipe.
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 03:17 AM   #2
50POWR
Registered Member

I had quite a vibration problem, swapped out the driveshaft and it went away. Do you have a friend that might let you "borrow" his driveshaft long enough to put it in your car and take it for a drive? (its only 4 bolts) Thats what I did, just to see if that was it for sure, and thats what it was. The yoke on my driveshaft was really wavy, and I was told that could be the reason for the vibration. By the way, my vibration problems started at about the same time my tranny died also.....
50POWR is offline   Reply With Quote