MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-08-2001, 11:08 PM   #1
abesmith69
Registered Member

Post Paint Question

Guys,

I recently got the hood and right fender of my car painted and the paint looks offcolor the guy at the shop says "its because the car is old and is faded" but the new paint looks like a green color (BTW I have a blue/silver mustang) well the thing is I have a luggage rack on the back of my car (stock) if I take the rack off will the true paint color be below it without any defects ? Could someone tell me what the best way to find out if the color really is faded, or if they just did a shitty job.

Thanks a bunch guys!
Abe

------------------
1990 Mustang GT Convertible, Blue with Grey ground effects and white top. Black Leather interior pw,pl,ps,pm, premium sound system. All stock =(
abesmith69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 12:35 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Did they paint it on the car? If so you should tell them it's called tint and blend. Use it.

If it was painted off the car, it's a possibility that it won't match perfect, but it should be off much more than a professional polishing can do if your paint is still decent.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 12:59 AM   #3
bosco
Registered Member

I have an 87 coupe, used to be blue, now just some sorry excuse, the guy that owned it before me must have left it outside since it was new, b/c even the dash board is faded, but the other day, i opened the trunk and noticed that the underside of the trunk lid was the original color and in mint condition too, i also took the insilation off from inder the hood and there too was the original color, hehe used to look good, mabey someday.....

------------------
'87 coupe, 308, world product windsor jr. heads, comp cams 220@.050/.512 110 lsa roller cam,crane full roller rockers, 4bbl holly carb, wiend aluminum intake, pullies, 1 5/8 bbk shorties, off road h-pipe 2 chamber flows, 3.73 posi rear end, msd distributer/ignition, steeda tri ax shifter, t-5 tranny, auto meter guages, and more to come (hopefully )
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 02:15 AM   #4
abesmith69
Registered Member

No it was painted on the car, but they claim that the color they put on the car is the "original" color, so I was trying to find a spot where the original color would show, so I can say BULL@#$( lol

Thanks,

Abe
abesmith69 is offline   Reply With Quote