MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2002, 01:23 PM   #1
GodStang
College Stanger

Default MAttwantsspeed this is for you

Did you run your mustang? If so what times did you get?
Old 05-10-2002, 08:42 PM   #2
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

No, I didn't end up running it because when we rolled up to the area where everyone "checks in" there were a couple LS1's, 3000GT VR-4, a TT Supra and a couple other pretty fast cars........so we were like, I'll get laughed at. Come to find out there were some 16-19 sec cars n trucks and another V6 99-02 Mustang hardtop 5 speed. The kid didn't seem to drive 5 speed well, or was just bad off the line. As soon as his first run started I said he dumped the clutch WAY too high, alot of wheel spin and pulled a 16.8.......His 2nd run was definately better off the line.....I think he could have had the RPM's a little higher, he had very little spin and pulled a 15.9.....not too bad if you ask me...OH By The Way........I'm going to run it next wednesday, weather pending........

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
GodStang
College Stanger

The last time I raced I had lost all the water in my radiator on my way out there and still raced. I beat a 4-banger (WOW right???) and a Cutluss. I only got it in 16's once but it lets us know what a starting point is before the mods and engine rebuild. When I get the new rims in tire next week I will run again. People say I should be able to run low 15's but I think with the 2 12's in the back it will be really hard to get into the 15's. If you take out the jack and spare tire people have run 14.96 in stock 1999 v-6. Well man sorry for the long post best of luck and please keep us psoeted.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:07 AM   #4
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

Yeah I think I'm gonna take out the spare tire and jack on Wednesday and we'll see how that goes. I'll try to get my time slip(s) on here, but if not, I will atleast post them Wednesday night. Everyone wish me luck, maybe I can make 15's, I feel like I have my launch out of the box as good as can be right now. I am also going to try to ice the intake also.

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote