MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2001, 03:13 PM   #1
moosejaw
Registered Member

Post Passed IM-240 emissions w/o egr or air pump.

Ok, here is the setup on the 'new' 331 low compression motor. This combo passed testing (fast pass)by a huge margin, this morning. The guy who drove it on the rollers was shocked.

DSS 331 low compression block (150 miles) Trick flow heads, Trick Flow R intake, 226/234 duration 540/560 lift cam, 36# injectors, 70mm T/B. EGR and Air pump not hooked up. ~4000 miles on new cats.

That is the basics. I used a PMS and set all the fuel to 0% compensation on all tables. I advanced timing (base 10 degrees) in steps of 3,6,9 for low,med,high load across the board (regardless of RPM).

Using an O2 sensor monitor lowered fuel pressure to minimize richness excursions. A sustained jab of the throttle (to simulate the way the tester drives) would yield about .6 volts.

Car was run NA with blower belt off. Intake was sucking through entire blower piping and blower.

To sum it up Advance timing and reduce fuel. Don't go racing like this!! Or street racing for that matter. This combo worked good on a healthy motor that burned no oil and was in good tune. I hope this helps someone.

Check my ride for more details. Note: The stroker is not listed yet been busy breaking it in.

Mike

------------------
Live near St.Louis?
Check out Mustang Muscle and Dyno in High Ridge, MO
Check out my ride.
moosejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:14 PM   #2
richs8750
Registered Member

Cool

Emissions are great! My 347 passed the fast pass in Maryland! Victor 5.0 intake no EGR new cats! the cam is almost the same 10.50 compression, but with a 8" in converter and c-4
richs8750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 08:03 PM   #3
Saleen308
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Great!

I am glad the both of you show that it can be done.

------------------
347 stroker, TFS track heat heads ported and polished, ported GT-40 intake,70mm TB ans spacer,75mm MAF,K&N,24lb injectors,1 5/8" mac long tubes, off road h-pipe, FMS "z" cam, FMS plug wires, NGK plugs, FMS aluminum drive shaft, Omega 1.6 RR, FMS 3 core radiator, Flowkooler waterpump, World class T5, Pro 5.0 shifter, Autometer Fuel psi gauge, Autometer A/F gauge, caster camber plates, Koni reds, Pan hard bar, S.S. brake lines, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Walbro 255lph FP, Lakewood drivesha
Saleen308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 01:25 AM   #4
moosejaw
Registered Member

Nice to see someone else getting it done!

On a lighter note we are getting a wide band O2 for the Dynojet. Blower tuning made easy!

Mike

------------------
Live near St.Louis?
Check out my ride.
Old 03-24-2001, 01:38 AM   #5
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Congrats!!

Thanks for the advice! I've got a 393 stroker going in very soon once the snow melts and I hope to passas easy a you did using the BBK cat system. It better work, they charge closeto $00 for it!!

------------------
In-progress Street Legal
351..(So far)Edlebrock Performer RPM head, Upper&Lower Manifold..Crane Gold 1.6 Rollers..BBK 70MM TB..Full Cartech Fuel System..30lb Injectors..
Sothside Machine bars&sub-frames..Air Bag rear end..3.73's..???Tranny
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 02:26 AM   #6
moosejaw
Registered Member

I also have a '90 Volvo 740 turbo. This car came without an egr or air pump from the factory. Although it is a four cylinder I figured if it could pass so could the stang. The stang had lower emissions than the 740 across the board.

The 740 has a 3-way cat to clean up NOS emissions. Maybe some of these newer H-pipes are being mfg with 3-way cats?

Mike

------------------
Live near St.Louis?
Check out my ride.