MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2003, 02:11 AM   #1
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

Default Valve tap!!

ok... i replaced the bent valve... due to valve float.... and put on some double colied comp. cam springs. Now the valve i put in had been lapped so it could seal better, but i when i turned my car over to check the compression it was about 189 PSI in the cylinder and about 185 PSI in all the rest of the cylinders!!! I was really glad that the car had tat much compression, so i put the header on and hooked up everything then started the car.... it started ok(with some adjustment of timing) but the cylinder i replaced the valve in had a weird tick... now i know i did this right but my question is when valves are new like on a head do they tick until they wear in??? i heard that this is true but i want to get a second opinion by u guys! also when i checked the compression in the cylinder that was 189 PSI it dropped to 130 PSI and so did the rest of the cylinders. I was pissed, but my battery had been having trouble cranking over because it hasent charged up and it was cranking very slow.... now could a slow cranking cause the pressures to read lower???? Im so confused!! Also I jsut noticed that my Tachometer resets at 2000 rpm insted of 0 RPM!! How do i fix that??? to clear this up....
-Does a new valve tap until it wears in?
-Would a slow cranking cause compression to not be as high as the fast cranking?
-How can i fix the tach so it resets at zero instead of 2000 rpm? THANKS!!!!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:42 AM   #2
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

please help i need so much help!!!! THANKS!!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote