MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
HotStang89
Registered Member

Default Piston to Valve Clearance?

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar application on their car without having to worry about clearance? I am getting ready to
install an F303 Cam, a set of J302 heads milled to
54cc with 1.6RR on an 89 stock bottom end?

Thanks
HotStang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Piston to Valve Clearance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStang89
Just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar application on their car without having to worry about clearance? I am getting ready to
install an F303 Cam, a set of J302 heads milled to
54cc with 1.6RR on an 89 stock bottom end?

Thanks
I dont know how much your heads were milled but I think it will clear. Use some clay and check the clearance, this is one area where its way better to be safe than sorry.

My heads are 54cc and I ran the F303 but valve angels and depths vary between heads.

Hope I was of some help.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
HotStang89
Registered Member

Thanks alot bud.. I will do the clay test and see what the results are. I will try this with the old gasket if not I should have some other one laying around. My heads are O-Ringed and dont want to use them until install time..
Old 12-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStang89
Thanks alot bud.. I will do the clay test and see what the results are. I will try this with the old gasket if not I should have some other one laying around. My heads are O-Ringed and dont want to use them until install time..
Great idea. I keep a set of "used" gaskets around just for that reason. Same torqued thickness as the ones I run, so I compare apples to apples.

I don't care for the clay method too much, but it'll at least let you know if you have issues! Good luck, and for the record add me to the "I think you'll be fine" list.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
HotStang89
Registered Member

I will let you guys know how it goes.. I will pickup my heads from the shop this week, I sent them out to just get checked, cleaned, and freshend up.. I don't know what kind of HP to expect but I estimate 300-350, and don't know how real these numbers are..

Thanks
Danny