View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 04:38 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
i believe him totally. he is correct. harmonics play a big roll in automobiles. example, you want to build that 347 to hit 8 grand right? what do you do? high quality, less weight and balance it. therefore it will produce more power. try to run with one shoe size bigger on one foot and both shoes weighed the same. i bet you can run as fast as with them both the same size. balance, harmonics and lightness is correct. of course Jim doesnt realize he is lucky to get those materials and tools to do what he did. none of us can do what he did. well i should say the majority of us.

i always wanted to find the "free" horsepower, but it cost to much to do it!

Jim check your PM.
I didnt say I dont believe him I said its hard to believe. I see what he is getting at the crx is front wheel drive and has less rotating mass so it gets more of its power to the ground than a Z06.

I know guys running 10.2's ........I see them dump another $3,000.00 into there car and only pick up a tenth or so. That is why I say it is hard to believe.

To clarify I believe him but just dont understand how it helped that much.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote