MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2002, 09:57 PM   #1
Mike Wolking
Registered Member

Default please help!

Yeah so i left for vacation last week and half way up my brother called me and said that he drove my 90 coupe and all of a sudden it started ticking real loud. He drove it home (about 2 miles) and realized that it had absolutely no oil pressure. He then immediately shut it down. It sat all week until i got home this sunday. First thing i did was pull the distributor and sure enough i have a broken oil pump drive shaft. It was pretty well twisted before it snapped. I welded the good long end to a shaft to drive the pump to test it and it hardly turns under a hightorque drill and then it snapped. So i am at the conclusion that it needs a new pump but i will perform a cylinder pressure/leak down test before i waste my time installing a pump with the engine in the car(if thats even possible). Are there any other in-car test i can perform to see if i need to rebuild my motor? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Also the engine is bone stock with 83k miles,the usual rear main leak but ran extremely strong.
90 coupe, Cobra brakes, 17x9 cobras MM lowers, SVO uppers, 3.73s, BBK 1 3/4 full lengths, H pipe, flows, subframes, H&R springs, Tokico 5-ways, Pro 5.0. Subframes, K&N, Strut brace, CC plates,83K miles, New Paint.....FOR SALE!
Mike Wolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
PKRWUD

A wet and dry compression test, followed by a leakdown test, if necessary, is about the best diagnostics you can do without being able to start it.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote