MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2001, 07:55 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post PLEASE HELP!! Do I need the smog pump system to pass dyno emissions ??

I should be getting my motor this week and I was wondering if I have to buy the entire smog pump emissions system to pass a Cali type dyno sniff test. I bought my mustang with no motor as an ex-drag car so naturally none of that crap is there. They even took out the cannister purge system. But I do have a 351W smog pump from an old Crown Vic cop car, but that's about it. I'm using the serpentine system with a AC/PS delte kit from MArch so if I choose not to run the Thermactor pump aka smog pump all I have to do is get a different belt. Also, If I choose to try and wing it without the pump how will effect my BBK cats??

------------------
Almost done!
93 GT, Dynamic C4, 8 pt cage, chute,
Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's
'69 393 stroker w/SRP pistons, Edlebrock Performer heads, Performer RPM Upper & Lower Manifold..Crane Gold 1.6 Rollers Comp Cam..BBK 70MM TB, ceraminc shorties & H-pipe w/cats..30lb Injectors..Cartech Fuel System
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote