View Single Post
Old 06-21-2001, 06:31 PM   #1
Just me
Registered Member

Post Please help stutering problem

Hey all. I can't believe that I just typed a message that took me about twenty minutes to type and it was erased because I didn't type my right screen name and when I hit my back button everything I just typed was gone! That royally sucks *** ! Here goes again. I recently posted a problem about my car stuttering and I still havn't fixed it. Maybe someone can help. Heres the scenario.
When I start my car, cold or warm, a few minutes after driving it, It begins to stutter/pop under part throttle and I loose acceration, resulting in having to pull over unless I smash the pedal to WOT and it accelerates hard without a problem. If I pull over and wait a couple of minutes I can drive away just fine and the car runs fine until I turn off the engine and let it sit for a couple of minutes. During all of this the engine idles perfect, even if the stuttering problem occurs I can let off the gas and the engine idles ok. This is a problem that only happens at part throttle, when it happens. I've changed the plugs, cap/rotor, fuel filter, checked for pinched fuel lines, I have a fuel pressure regulator and it doesn't drop in pessure. All vacuum lines are attached. I even disconnected the EGR and Idle Air Bypass Valve and same problem. I had this problem once last year for one day and then it went away. I thought it was water in the gas tank from the heavy rains here in Miami. I need help, please. Thanks.

Just me
91'lx, 302 block, crank pulley, no smog, short belt, Wolverine 1087 cam, 15 deg timing, TFS TW heads, motorsport 1.6 3/8 stud RR, ARP studs, TFS chrome hardened push rods, 24lb inj, BBK 255lph fuel pump, Areomotive billet adj FPR, Performer RPM intake(ported to 75mm), 1" spacer, Motorsport polished tall valve covers(love em), Pro-M 77, Acufab 75mm TB, Ford idle air bypass valve, K&N conical, MSD 6AL and coil, 9mm MS cables, NGK bkr5e 11 plugs@55, motorsport 3 core radiator,160 thermostat, Hurst short throw, motorsport 410 gears, aluminum drive shaft,Kenny brown Subs, Mac 1 3/4"Long tube, custom 3"off road xpipe, 2 chamber Flow Masters, 3 1/2" tailpipes HAL tubular K-member, KYB struts and shocks, Eibach springs, Steeda 2.5" Cowl, Steeda rear wing, black Dupont centari acrylic enamel paint. Going for an electric fan setup with a blower.
Just me is offline   Reply With Quote