MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2001, 01:26 PM   #1
smithbling
Registered Member

Smile Please POST PICS of coupes with body kits

Could everyone post any pics of coupes with body kits like DECH (in the mags it's called ABC kit?). Thanks

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

smithbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Green92LX
Registered Member

Sorry, but why would you want to f%#$ up something as beautiful as a coupe with a body kit?

------------------
1992 5.0 LX, Edelbrock 6037 Heads, Cobra Intake,E-303, 1.6 Rollers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP w/ 24 lb injectors,BBK equal length shorties,offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath, Pro 5.0, 3.73's, subframe connectors
Daily driver: 89 notch with 200K plus...and it runs like a champ.
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 03:21 PM   #3
spinemup
Registered Member

amen

------------------

THE MIGHTY NOTCH
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 03:54 PM   #4
tom351

I agree, last time I checked, body kits added 0 hp and were for ricers.

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W 415 hp, Trick Flow Alum. Heads, C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

Old 01-02-2001, 03:57 PM   #5
Five0
Registered Member

Hehehe

I agree!
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 04:22 PM   #6
Shotgun28
Registered Member

I also agree, that the body kits are for Honda's etc..... Maybe you could put more into the engine, or paint it a different color, if looks is your ultimate goal. Everyone is different. Good Luck. Do what you want, it is your car and you should enjoy it....

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 05:25 PM   #7
smithbling
Registered Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!

I didn't think the group consensus was "Hate the kit"

You guys have absolutely blown me away! What about Saleens are they rice because of the kit? Or just aftermarket kits?

That's it I'm going to honda-acura.net!!

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

Old 01-02-2001, 05:26 PM   #8
89LXNB
Registered Member

The Notchback can look somewhat cumbersome with the body kits regardless if it is , Cervini, Factory or otherwise. Saleen's kit looks sleek, much less obtrusive that the above. That's just my opinion. I haven't seen many Notches with body kits. If you were to put one, consider the Saleen. There are some pics on the Corral website right now of a Saleen LX and aside from the wing(personal opinion only) the thing looks really nice. The post is entitled Pics of Notchbacks and it's in the lounge area or windsor, im not sure.

One reason a bodykit may indeed be worth looking into is the added protection you will benefit from with the kits shape extending out behind the wheels. It tapers inward smoothly(Saleen Unit) and the design will keep a multitude of debris from flying off of the tire and smack dab into the area behind the wheels. That area takes a beating and is the first to chips, dings, and general signs of wear. Front air damn will help at high speed. I have begun to see some Mustang owners "ricing" out their vehicles and it is odd to me. I agree with the fellas above that some of the import community have peculiar taste when it comes to body kits.
Good Luck,
Dan

Spinemup!
How do you animate your sig like that?
Way cool.

[This message has been edited by 89LXNB (edited 01-02-2001).]
89LXNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 12:17 AM   #9
tom351

Smithbling, your car looks BAD A SS in the photo without the body kit!

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W 415 hp, Trick Flow Alum. Heads, C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:43 AM   #10
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

I'd have to agree man. I don't think your car would look nearly as good as it does right now if you put ground effects and such on it. Your notch is one of the coolest I've seen and I'd leave it just the way it is man.

I don't know if these guys have seen the Dech front bumper cover, but it's very sleek and may look kinda cool on your car. But I think it would look just as cool if you left it the way it is now.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 12:58 AM   #11
smithbling
Registered Member

It sounds like the money could be better spent on mods. Yes?

Maybe an intake or heaven forbid ditching the 2.73's for some 3.73's!

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

Old 01-03-2001, 06:57 AM   #12
Five0
Registered Member

There you go! I think your car looks sweet the way it is now and besides, The notches are my favorite body style.

But I agree with everyone above, your car looks bad a$$.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
Best 1/8 time on motor 7.686 @90.20mph
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 01:21 PM   #13
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

hey smibling,

im in the same boat u r..wondering if i should put a kit on my notch or not..i just wanted to do it so it looks diffrent and hoepfully i can get it into a mag..i got a stormin norman on it allready..i was thkning a stalker front end with saleen sides and leave the stock rear or use a cobra..that with a nice paint job and some good #'s on a all motor 302 should land me a nice article if i try and go to events

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 01:45 PM   #14
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

A notch is a sleeker body style then a hatchback so I would consider a sleeker style hood like a ram air or something that will keep the body lines lower if you want to improve the looks of your ride.

Gears would be a good first performance mod, which is one I have yet to do since I intend on doing all the work to my car myself. I have yet to build up enough nerve to try such a mod.

If you still have the stock exhaust I would suggest you spend your money there next.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 04:12 PM   #15
smithbling
Registered Member

LX XLR8R: Considering the fact that there are so few notches with kits, your car would be a shoe-in. Any pics?

AxemannZZ: I already have full exhaust MAC headers, MAC H-Pipe, and MAC mufflers w/chrome tailpipes.

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

Old 01-03-2001, 05:55 PM   #16
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

hey smithbling

ill try to get my budies camera and take some..right now the hood is still white and i need a new fender but besides that the car is very clean(bodywise..its filty right now)it was an 4cly so i know the frame is straight also..i love the way ur car looks now with that blue and those ROH rims..i got some phatty old skool chrome hammer rims(they weight a ton but look sweet) and i got some draglites for the $hit talkers..if you pick up any revent mm&ff you will allways see a pic of Larry Felts white notch with a saleen kit on it and it looks awsome..or you could get a sick paint job like the notch on page 148 of febuary mm&ff(minus the hood scoop)ill try to get some pics for ya though..i will prolly end up going stalker in the front$$$$$ and saleen side skirts

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: