MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
93 Cobra needs input
Registered Member

Default Need help deciding on an engine block!!

Finally getting the stroker together this fall and I have ran into some block and price problems what do you guys think? First option, factory block machined locally with stud girdle, although cheap I fear the worst with a supercharger and high dollar rotating assemble. I wanna start at 9psi maybe a little more in the future. Second option Keith Craft will send me a new 302 blueprinted and bored with torque plates line honed and clearenced with arp main studs installed for around $750 I talked to them about a sportsman block thinking it sounds like a happy medium and they said the block is basically the factory 302 with a little better main caps and that I should go with the R302 block to have absolute no worries with boost and HP The problem is they want $2450 out the door for an R block ready to install with all the fancy machine work done. I'm leaning towards the new stock block with good machining. I know the block it the foundation for all the other parts but I think that R-block is a little steep. Can someone here convince me to go with the R block I don't have tons of money but I really want my car to have a ton of HP and not have a lot of worries about throwing a rod or breaking a main cap. Sorry this got so long!
331 stroker, JE 8.5:1 pistons, H-beam rods, steel crank, main cap, msd with 3step, BBK ceramic long tubes,TKO, 4.30's, motorsport Z303, Victor Jr aluminum heads, crane gold 1.6, southside lift bars, 90/10 front, 50/50 rear, centerforce dual friction clutch, Vortech S-trim soon.
93 Cobra needs input is offline   Reply With Quote