Thread: ported e7's?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 07:40 AM   #20
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Whoa dude, calm down

Quote:
Originally posted by 82 GT
Come take a ride in my mustang with ported stock heads and then tell me I wasted my money.
I never said stock headed cars were slow. If you look at my sig my street/strip LX you'll see it has massivly ported GT-40 irons. However I only have about $375 in them, including the cost of the heads.

Quote:
We are not all born with silver spoons in our mouths and can afford "Canfield" heads....oooohhhh
None of use were born with silver spoons in our mouth. I only make about 9K a year. This whole arguement about aluminum heads has been about SAVING money and going fast for less money.

Quote:
Before I built my engine, I had a goal in mind, bought the parts, assembled the engine(myself BTW) and ended up with a product that was much better than expected.
I say that's money well spent!!
Agreed

Quote:
Sorry dude but you kind of pissed me off when you started telling me how I wasted my money...blah blah blah
If you want to spend $700 bucks on stock heads that's fine. Lots of people buy Saleens every year. I think they're wasting their money too. I like going faster for a cheaply as possable, if that dictates buying used heads, so be it. The vast majority of the people on the web ARE good people.

Quote:
I'm happy with how my engine runs and the money I spent on it and that's all that really matters.
Agreed, it's your motor, build it the way you want. I am mearly offering my OPINION in this thread.

Quote:
BTW.....I'd love to hear you tell they guy that builds those THUMPER heads that he's wasting his time with STOCK heads and tell all the people who bought his heads that they too also wasted their money.
I'm quite sure he's not wasting his time, I bet he's making a KILLING off of these heads. Thumper heads flow very well..........for what they are. But I still can't justify spending 600 bucks on stock heads when you can buy aluminum heads that not only flow better out of the box but you have the option of porting them and flowing even more. The Thumper heads are maxed out. For a lot of people just wanting a mild 306 mustang the Thumper heads are fine, but for hardcore people really looking for some serious speed they just won't cut it.

Quote:
Hell...while you're at it, you may as well tell TMOSS that he's wasting his time on STOCK lower intakes.
I never said anybody that had their stock stuff ported is wasting money. The heads and intakes on BOTH of my cars are ported. I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to spend $700 on stock heads when you can get aluminum heads for the same price. Sometimes you can even get NEW aluminum heas for just a tad more. FiveOhPatrol picked up a set of Pro Topline aluminum heads for $800, BRAND NEW, from SUMMIT.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote