MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-29-2002, 02:53 PM   #1
Coupe Devil

Default Possible new Combo _ LONG with ????'s

I know I know, my car hasn't even made one pass yet but you and I both know that I won be satisfied with a N/A 306 very long. I have always wanted to build something different nad ibelieve I may have found a combo that would most definantly make power, but would be rather expensive to build. But man it would be fun.

Follw this link, It will take you to a page based on a motor build up. It include dyno charts at the end of the atricle as well. I will tell if oyu dont wish to lool they start with a 302, add 351 Cleveland heads, crane cam and some other goodies. Swap between two different intakes specfic to that block and head combo and get 370 horse @ 5500 RPM and 388 Ft. Lbs. of torque @ 5500 RPM granted this is all from a relativley stock bottom end ( 289 rods and 351 Cleveland pistons) but in a stock block with the proper ARP studs where necessasary. Now while I was at WFC5 I seen that Procharger had a new Carb Ford setup with they're new style supercharger. Any guesses, estimates on teh power I could make with a 347 stroker, the clevland heads ( as explained in the article) with the new procharger installed??? It would most deffinantly be different, have the weight advantage of a small block and just be real cool to look at and show off at the track. I know a stud girdle would be necessary and custom headers would be a must but what do you think. Looking for opinions..

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:17 PM   #2
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

the motor you speak of was called a "cleavor" motor..people used to machine 351 4v cleavland heads to fit on a 351 windser block..this was great intil they came out with a wonderful invention called an "aftermarket"..clevland heads are obsolete now and thecost to get them to work and the power you get from them just dosnt add up..dont get me wrong they are great flowing heads but dont make the power like most aftermarket heads

as for the centrifical supercharged carbed thing..this idea has been around forever and all the big boys still make kits so you can use thier blowers on carbed..you just have to ask

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:52 PM   #3
Coupe Devil

I know all about the 'Cleavor", And i know that the heads may be obsolete as yo usay but since I have acces to about three sets and those three sets combined would be cheaper to build that to buy one set of after market aluminum heads I still say I will use them.

Your tellin me that at 347 with these heads wouldnt make a comparable amount of power up against a 347 with after market heads - This I dont believe - And as far as al lthe companies offering a 302 Based supercharger kit, your wrong, I have been on the phone and none offer a kit specifically tuned and derived fro ma carbed. 302 based engine. Yes they make them for carb cars but this is the first that was developed on a 302 instead of just using 302 brackets, a good supercharger and what ever tube that fits. So back to the original question, Any guesses, estimates on the power I could make with a 347 stroker, the cleveland heads ( as explained in the article) with the new procharger installed???

Thank you.
Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote