MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-19-2001, 01:58 PM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post a/c and smog delete

i want to delete my smog and a/c..im probubly going to go with the march a/c kit but i see in holcomb motorsports cat. a company called ASP has a smog pump delete kit..has anyone used this? is it anygood?

also..how long dose it take on average to get rid of the a/c and smog??

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H,FMS 9mm wires,Competition gauges,C&L 76mm MAF

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,accufab 70mm tb,TFS heads,TFS stage 1 cam,lakewood struts/shocks,nitto DR's,four cylinder springs up front
ICQ#35670781
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 02:35 AM   #2
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Go with the Ford Racing A/C delete kit and forget the smog pump delete kits. You don't need one. Route the water pump belt the opposite way around the pump to keep the belt from rubbing against itself at the idler. Some people will say this reverses the water pump but it's not true. As long as the back side of the belt still rides against the water pump pulley it will be running the same way.

Starting from the alternator pulley you go to the power steering pump. From there it goes over the top of the water pump and down to the crank then back to the alternator. This makes for the cleanest pulley setup you can get outside of doing away with the power steering pump as well and getting rid of the idler with the March alternator bracket. I'd also get the March alternator bracket myself because it just finishes off the best setup you can get.

I run underdrive pullies with this setup and use a 71.5" belt. Belt sizes will vary of course, but that should get you close. With the March alt bracket it will be different as well probably. I still have to get that bracket so I can't say for sure.

Good luck.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 09:40 AM   #3
DemonGT
Registered Member

the reason i dont want to bypass the smog with a smaller belt is cause i heard you cant do that if you get a blower...i plan on a blower in the future

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H,FMS 9mm wires,Competition gauges,C&L 76mm MAF

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,accufab 70mm tb,TFS heads,TFS stage 1 cam,lakewood struts/shocks,nitto DR's,four cylinder springs up front
ICQ#35670781
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 11:39 AM   #4
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I'm not sure on that one, but I'd do it for now anyway to keep the money in your pocket until you need one if that is the case.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote