MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2001, 08:41 PM   #1
82 GT
Import Slayer

Post To all '87-93 GTs w/ power windows

OK , I finally got my '88 GT today. It's fully loaded it looks but the driver window goes all but a 1/4 in. from the top and the passanger doors lock does not work. The fuel guage is stuck on "full".
Are there any easy fixes to any of these problems or all they all going to be a headache to fix? Everything is power equiped.
The driver door fix isn't going to be easy.........is it? Does anyone know how to fix any of these problems?
Thanks

------------------
'82 GT 351W,BBK shorties,
Comp Cam,edelbrock intake
625 cfm carter carb. c-4 tranny w/ pro stick shifter. 4 core radiator
Mallory distributor. 3:27

82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Well, for the door lock I bet the acculator is bad. I am not for sure why the window doesnt roll all the way up. Is the window loose. Check the track for being loose.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, GT40 Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, NGK Plugs, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 77mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers and Drums.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 10:59 PM   #3
92Rustang
Registered Member

It sounds like the window may be loose on the track. The door lock I would say is most diffently the actuator. I replaced mine with aftermarket ones form a local alarm shop $20.
The cheapest I have found stock replaces were $50 a piece. As for the gas gauge I would try filling it up and running a couple of bottles of injector clean through it ,but you will have to drop the tank most likely. Good luck.
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
and the passanger doors lock does not work
Definitely the actuator... I have had to fix them both on my 88GT... Pain in the *** , but it's just tight in there...
Quote:
The fuel guage is stuck on "full".
Now either the gauge itself is bad or the sender in the tank is bad... It's a reletively easy fix as well, drop the tank (make sure there isn't much gas in it) and replace the sensor, it may just be stuck... it's like a toilet bowl float kinda lol!!
As for the window, i have no idea.. I've never had any problems with my window *knock on wood* Check to see that the weather stripping isn't getting in the way! Good luck!!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:20 AM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry

I've got the same problem with my in tank fuel gauge sending unit. Unfortunately, according to Ford, Checker, Pep Boys, Napa, Champion, Pronto, and a couple other places I've checked, my sending sensor has been dicontinued and I can't get a new one. I'm a little pissed.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:35 PM   #6
White GT
Registered Member

Talking

Same advice for the power windows but for the guage. Are you sure that the wire at the bottom of the tach is correctly plug. When i've removed mine for cleaning the glass. The first time i've got the same problem. The needle still in very full position (more than the normal full position) I've push the right large wire plug straight to his position and for me this resolved the problem.

Hope this help

------------------

88 GT, K&N, Home Made Ram Air, Convertible Engine Mount, Dynomax Super Turbo, 180° thermostat, Energy sway bar bushings, Strut tower brace.
*** And Risen from the dead ***

My GT

My Web Page
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 04:59 PM   #7
82 GT
Import Slayer

White GT, I am not sure what you mean when you say the plug at the bottom of the tach.
What does the tach have to do with the fuel guage? Can you explain a little bit more because my gauge is stuck past full like yours was.

------------------
'82 GT 351W,BBK shorties,
Comp Cam,edelbrock intake
625 cfm carter carb. c-4 tranny w/ pro stick shifter. 4 core radiator
Mallory distributor. 3:27

82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 11:22 PM   #8
SHaFT7
Registered Member

my passenger window won't go all the way up unless i hold it on the way up, because the glass gets caught on the inside of the upper door frame about 3/4 of the way up (the slant part)

check that

------------------
SHaFTed
SHaFT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 12:46 AM   #9
DemonGT
Registered Member

my drivers side window when on the highway if i roll it down then up it wont go all the way up cause the force of the wind from going that speed pushes on the window so it catches on the door frame...have to roll it down then push out on it while its going up

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers and Cat-back

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,FMS 9mm wires
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:27 PM   #10
White GT
Registered Member

Talking

DEMONGT.

I was tought that this problem was only on my car. It's very funny to know how people can get the same trouble with there cars than us across the north america. Last summer i have removed the door panel on the both side to see what i could solidify and i have put some extra screws on the pilar who's holding the windows. But i don't know if this could fix the problem.

My car have 12 years old so this little problem really don't bordering me. It's just a pain some time i'm taking a ride with my friends with their every day washed 96 GT's.

Marc

------------------

88 GT, K&N, Home Made Ram Air, Convertible Engine Mount, Dynomax Super Turbo, 180° thermostat, Energy sway bar bushings, Strut tower brace.
*** And Risen from the dead ***

My GT

My Web Page

[This message has been edited by White GT (edited 02-23-2001).]
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote