MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2002, 04:52 PM   #1
toughlilhunny
Registered Member

Default Pretty please HELP!

Alright I have some wiring issues with my car. I have a 91 LX 5.0 liter and something is draining my NEW battery! Alright my solenoid is good to go, my alternator has been checked out, the wiring harness to my alternator has been replaced...and yet something is still robbin my battery. Oh yeah and my power windows and locks don't work whatsoever, The fuse was changed and they still don't work(thank goodness for A/C) Anyway, I'm completely stumped...somewhere theirs a wire or two grounding and I'm going nuts trying to figure it out! Pretty Please HELP
confucious says "why build a 4 cylinder and spend so much money,when you can buy a V8 and have ten times the power...The difference between men and boys is the speed of their toys, injection is nice, but i'd rather be blown, good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.
toughlilhunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Lightbulb

The following is the method I always use (requires a non-powered 12 volt test light):

1) Turn off all electrical loads, close all doors, and remove the lightbulb from the underhood light, if equipped.
2) Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
3) Attach the alligator clip from your test light to the battery cable post clamp.
4) Touch the tip of the tester to the negative battery post.

The test light should light, but be dull. If the test light is bright, you have a drain somewhere. You will need a helper for this next part.

1) Have an assistant hold the test light exactly the way it was when you did the previous test.
2) Climb inside the car, and get yourself into a position so that you can access the fuse panel with the doors closed.
3) Remove one fuse at a time, and have your assistant alert you if the test light dulls.
4) When it does, note which circuit the fuse was for, and start searching the loads on that circuit.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote