MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Trans Brake on a C4 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=43860)

cucho 08-11-2004 08:24 PM

Trans Brake on a C4

Ill thinking to put a trans brake to my C4 trany but i want to konw what more else i need to do in my trany, any coment would be great because i heard that the C4 is not durable with the trans brake any coments would be great.

88fivepointoh 08-11-2004 09:19 PM

What's your purpose for the trans break, I am not a fan of the transbreak, puts stress on the transmission.

420nitro 08-11-2004 10:10 PM

Hey cucho,

Long time no hear...

I say no trans break. With the right converter, the car will leave just as hard if not harder by just simply foot-breaking it. The trans break is simply just used for competetion use only. It helps out on your reaction time. If you do alot of heads up racing then you might want to consider it. If your just out to have fun at the track and on the street then forget the trans-break. Besides the fact that the trans-break is hard on the transmission it's even harder on the converter! You need a real good converter to hold up to the abuse, and they are not cheap by no means.
My.02's
Good luck man...

cucho 08-12-2004 10:19 AM

Hello 420nitro, is been a long yeah i now, and also i have my new car running 11.51 with this C4 and a 310 engine, im just use this car for competition non street for the street i got my other stang with a T5 and running 12.70. The thing is that i want more power to leave the line, i got 4.11 and im gone a change to 4.56, with the 4.11 i run 1.70 60 ft at 118 mph, with 26 * 10 slicks, i heard about a planetary sistem for the C4 that came with 6 pinions this increase the relation of the trany or just only take more durability, also i need the servo kit, tell me what i need to do in my C4 already have only shift kit, and also i have a 3500 stall, that works great.

420nitro 08-12-2004 12:52 PM

Theres a whole bunch of stuff you can do or just have Dynamic build you one.

But here are some of the mods...

Vasco input shaft..

Welded front drum...(theres these three peanut shaped cavities in the drum. People just weld up these cavities and machine them flush and redrill the oil hole again.)

Or by an aluminum or titinum drum(s) 3 total drums

6 pinioin front plantery gear set.

H servo

Red Alto clutchs w/ Kolene Steels

Kevlar Band

manual reverse valve body

deep pan.

28,000+ gvw cooler

c-6 front pump bearing..
teflon seals.

the list can go on and on..Your best bet would be to call Dynamic and have them build you one or even PA. PA has a lifetime garranty.

Sorry for all the misspellings.

Good luck man

Stang_ROTY 08-12-2004 12:57 PM

I second that...Dynamic is great! I havent used my brake yet just because I want to get used to launching the car first by foot brake. They're not cheap but the quality is second to none. Talk to Harold or JR.

cucho 08-12-2004 08:28 PM

Thanks my friends but any number or web page from dynamics. Also what you guys thing about the 4.56 gear set and miny spool.

420nitro 08-12-2004 09:09 PM

1-203-483-9508 dynamic racing transmission