MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-10-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
ke4gde
Registered Member

Cool Procharger P-1SC Questions

After lots of research and help from my fellow "stangers" I have decided to go with an ATI Procharger P-1SC. Now my question to my fellow brothers is this: I have basically a stock motor and plan on running about 8 or 9 lbs. of boost. What all is/should be included in the P-1SC kit? What else am I gonna need to purcahse outside of the kit to make the system work well? I already purchased an MSD box and coil with battery relocation kit. I heard that I will need to change the MAF to a 75mm and possibly the fuel injectors and the fuel pump as well. Does any of this come in the kit? Forgive the ignorance but i am rather new to the power adder issue. I just learned this past weekend how a blower and turbo work.
Again thanks in advance for all the assistance.

------------------
ke4gde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 11:59 PM   #2
todd95GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I'm jealous. A Procharger is on my list of mods that I stare at daily. Of couse, it's waaaaaaay at the bottom of the list. As far as I know, the ATI kits come with everything you need to install. It does not come with a MAF or injectors though. Some other guys could tell you better than I could if you need them. I would think they wouldn't hurt. It was recommended to me by a rep from Vortech that on a stock motor used for street driving, that the boost doesn't exceed 6 pounds. Maybe just his personal preference. We've all seen more on street driven cars. But I couldn't advise on that for a daily driver. The nice thing about the Procharger is that ATI says a handy individual with common tools can install it in six hours or less and you don't have to plumb an oil line ito your pan. That alone is worth it to me.
Good luck with it and rub it in when you get some track times.

------------------
Todd
1995 GT/T-5
Pulleys; 65 mm TB; Flowmaster cat-back; Mac off road H-pipe; FMS aluminum driveshaft; short-throw shifter; HD clutch; Cobra R's; Cobra front and wing
todd95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
ke4gde
Registered Member

heehee. sorry your jealous but i came across some money so i though instead of trying to get a bunch of motor mods i would just get something i will enjoy immediately. thanks for the info on the PC. I have heard that 10lbs. is the absolute most you can run on a stock motor. i plan on only running about 8 or 9. only thing i am worried about is possibly blowing a head gasket. i will post track times as soon as i get them. good luck on getting your PC. thanks again

------------------
94GT Vert, 2-chamber Flowmasters, Headman off-road h-pipe, Steeda Tri-ax short throw shitfer, Mach underdrive pullies,FMS 3:55 gears, MAC cold air induction kit, Steeda, subframes w/ crossbrace, Sumitomo 245/45/ZR17's upfront with 275/40/ZR17's in the back, MSD 6AL w/ Blaster 2 coil, Battery relocated to trunk.
ke4gde is offline   Reply With Quote