View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 11:25 PM   #9
1995MGTS
Registered Member

I really think it's all in the tune. I had a custom chip burned for my car on the dyno that not only did wonders for drivability but gave the car a nice safe air-fuel ratio while making good power. So I have just over 6,000 supercharged miles with no problems. I just swapped my head unit though and can't really get on it until the car is retuned on the dyno. That's the same approach I took the first time I put the s/c on, and since the original tune, the car has been the model of reliability. The only thing I had to do was check the tightness of belt and that was it. I also think it depends on the amount of boost, running 6-9psi shouldn't be to much of a problem. I'm running 11+psi now and I starting to become a lot more worried about fuel, timing, and internal issues with pistons and head gaskets.

I'm assuming the Powerdyne on the car you're buying is the belt driven version so there really isn't any maintence with that blower. For those of us running a gear driven blower, oil changes are going to become a bit more frequent.

Good luck.
2003 Redfire Cobra #5978 of 8394
-Pro-5.0
-DC cai
-Steeda x-pipe w/cats
-Steeda cat-back
-Lightning pulley w/Afterburner
441rwhp/434rwtq SAE
1995MGTS is offline   Reply With Quote