View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
Capri306

Default Re: Pulled engine last night...PICS

[threadjack]

Jester, they've been using salt up here in the Love Glove (aka Michigan) for a long-arse time, at least in the southern part of the Lower Peninsula. It's definitely a PITA when a motorist is merely trying to keep his car in decent shape, but has to drive through this crap. It's about as bad as an acid bath. [insert conspiracy theory here about the Michigan DOT, Detroit auto industry, and oil] The funny part is that they don't use it up in the Upper Peninsula! It's too freak-in' cold for salt to work. They have some OLD vehicles up there, I'm not kidding. It's not uncommon to see 4x4 trucks from the 70's in near-new condition. Shoutout to Ishpeming, eh?

[/threadjack]

I hate to "brag," but that's not really that bad as far as rust goes; my crossmember supports were almost GONE when I removed my drivetrain three weeks ago. He's lucky that the floorboards aren't rusted at the seams like mine, either. I'm gonna be welding in new pieces so my feet don't get wet! Good thing FRPP has a virtually never-ending supply of those double-humpers.

I8URVTEC: isn't it like Christmas morning when you were a kid when that engine is finally suspended over the hoodline?!? It's like, "YES!!!!" FWIW, I hope you're working in a nice, warm garage. It's now snowing like a SOB here in GR, and I know how it gets out there in OC, NY. Good luck.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco

Last edited by Capri306; 11-23-2005 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: What, I couldn't say freak-in'?!?
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote