MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2002, 11:48 AM   #1
EVLHRSE
Registered Member

Unhappy Fluidampr/Underdrive Pulley Problem

Bad for me and motor/While putting the steed away for winter three of the four bolts holding on my March underdrive pulley to the Fluidampr came off and only 1 holding it on. It made some god awful noises and shredded the belt. It bent the bolt in the Fluidampr because it had started to come off as well. Hence when taking out the 1 bolt it snapped. Am I going to have to pull the balancer to remove the snapped bolt or does anyone have any brilliant ideas?
306, Cobra Intake, wolverine cam, Tremec TKO, Centerforce DF & billet flwheel, NOS Big Shot Nitrous, Purge for the pussies that call is Noz, Edelebrock Performer RPM aluminum heads, griffin radiator, ten point cage, Autometer up the @ss, Suspension by Maximun Motorsports $$$, Richmond 3:55's, Auburn Pro w/ 31 spline Mosers, alum. drvshft, Powerslots, 73mm calipers, ss lines, rear disc conversion, You get the drift,,,
EVLHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
gtstang83
Registered Member

you might want to pull it off anyway just to make sure there isnt any damage done to the balancer when the pulley came loose....besides it should make removing that bolt a little easier for you.