MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default help! problem intalling water pump pulley

installing march underdrive pulleys. alternator and crank pulleys were no problem. i cant get the damn water pump pulley and fan back on! i tried trying up one bolt first, but cant seem to get the others on. they dont seem to be going in straight. i matched the new march pulley with the old one and the bolt circle are identical. anyone had this problem? i need some help.......
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
stang_racer20
Registered Member

Yeah they can be really annoying sometimes. The trick is to get all three flanges(fan, pulley wp) lined up perfect. I usually make marks on the outside where the holes are and use that to line them up.
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Allen wrenches work good for this too (lining up the bolt holes). Once you get two, the others are a breeze.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
HISSIN50
Registered Member

yeppers to what others said. sometimes i take stubby screwdriver and get it through all the holes. i then make a circular motion with the screwdriver to get all the holes to line up.

good luck, GP
HISSIN50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:03 PM   #5
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

i drilled out the holes in the march pulley to the same diameter of the stock w/p pulley, they were a little larger, problem solved

unfortunately i did manage to strip one of my crank pulley bolts, guess i have to get it rethreaded at a shop
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #6
HISSIN50
Registered Member

you probably just need to yank the balancer and retap it.
this is a great time to get a new balancer if you have not (and avoid tapping).
the stockers suck if you ever rev much. i know of many horror stories. really check the elastomer (rubber O-ring around the middle of the balancer). if it has cracks or the balancer wobbles (or you cant keep time), double check it and replace it.
good luck.
HISSIN50 is offline   Reply With Quote