View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 10:16 PM   #7
gtsr515
Registered Member

Thanks bud, I always like it when I'm 100% correct, as you are with your replies. I believe FORD calls them "splayed" caps?

Have worked for Panoz Motorsports Racing School and we have "Pi Dash" like CART and F1, as well as other top-notch racing entities, anyway, on our 4.6 Cobra motored school cars I have personally installed 4.6's OHC motors that have seen 9600 rpm's on overrun/blown/F-up'ed shifts (1st time, over zealous student's) on the tell tail of the Pi dash units, the 4.6 Cobra motor is just plain awesome, but have you ever seen the routing and length of the timing belt, MY GOD! it's long, first replacement job scared the crappolla out of me. We currently have 11 4.6 Cobra motors on pallets waiting for replaceament units as well as many transmissions.

On our lower horsepower cars we run the "Australian 5.0", it is the same 5.0 as we all are used to, but the intake and such are on the 180 degree opposite side of the motor, all else is supposedly to be the same, BUT CHRIS, YOU KNOW IM NOT ONE TO BS, BUT THESE AUSTRALIAN 5.0'S MOST DEFINETLY SEEM TO HAVE MORE TORQUE AT A LOWER RPM THAT THE 100'S OF AMERICAN 5.0'S HAVE, IS THERE A "MECHANICAL" DIFFERENCE OR IS IT BECAUSE OUR CARS ARE 2600 POUNDS AND PURPOSE BUILT ROCK STIFF CARS AND iM "IMMAGINING" THE POWER INCREASE?

Thanks again! gtsr515

How's the dirt treatin' ya?