MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2001, 10:49 PM   #1
dinomite
The Dude

Post PVC air intake (no, not PCV)

Ok, just wondering if any of you guys who did the home depot air intake could tell me what I need to do it/describe how to do it. I was debating whether to ask you guys, as I would like to figure it out myself, but decided that it'll be enough to figure out and still be fun. This is on my 90LX.

Actually, one more thing, is a K&N cone that much better than a K&N panel in the stock box?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 10:58 PM   #2
Killercanary
Registered Member

Its been a while but I think I used 3" PVC tube, and 2 rubber connectors. For the crank vent I screwed a copper pipe fitting into the PVC and attached the hose to it via a hose clamp. For my ACT sensor I just screwed it right into the pipe. This is on my 95 though, I guess all you'd need to do is get a 90 or 45* elbow near the T-body. A conical filter has a good bit more surface area to draw from as compared to a flat panel one. I picked up 1mph and dropped one tenth with this setup. I have a picture on my site at: http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary

------------------
95 GT convt' 5 speed, 3.73's,FMS HD clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, ASP alum. underdrive pulleys, Bassani offroad X pipe, 2 chmbr flowmasters, K&N w/o silencer, edelbrock performer intake, FRPP 65mm T-body, FRPP shorty headers, FRPP aluminum driveshaft.Hooker 4pt chrome car bar, Xenon/Wings West ground effects, custom interior
Best ET: 13.83
Best MPH: 98.55mph with Best 60': 1.91 on Nitto DR's
Homepage: <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary" TARGET=_blank>http://www.angelfire
Killercanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 12:08 PM   #3
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

I made a cold air intake with ABS pipe (ABS is black plastic). I connected the MAF to a flex hose. The flex then connected to a 90 degree section of ABS located in the fenderwell. At the end of the ABS was the Conical filter.

I also made a radiator overflow out of a straight section of ABS, end caps, and brass fittings. It looks good and works great!

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote