MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-29-2001, 08:41 PM   #1
Ryan95gt
Registered Member

Post Q for 94+ guys with the clock gauge pod.

Ive got a 95 gt and I want to get the auto meter gauge pod that goes where the stock clock is. I was just wondering what kind of gauges do you have in there, like oil/water. Also how difficult is it to wire them, looks like you've got alot of stuff to get all the way up there. Thanks.
Ryan95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 09:35 PM   #2
CJ's94GT
Registered Member

It's actually not too bad. I've got an AutoMeter Air Fuel Ratio gage and the $200 electric fuel pressure gage in mine. If you pull the trim panel and the radio from the center of the dash where the radio and climate controls are, it's easy to route the wires.

My A/F gage is connected to the O2 wire at the computer and the black box for the FP gage is velcro'd to the floorpan just in front of the shifter hole. Both take power from the big connector under the steering column. The wiring from the FP sending unit comes through the firewall at the rubber grommet for the AC drain directly under the glove box.

The pod itself doesn't fit for s@%t. It's an unbelieveably flimsiy way to mount it and it took a LOT of trimming to get it to fit the contour of the dash.
CJ's94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 10:07 PM   #3
95Convert
Registered Member

In my experience, both the intallation and fit of the pod were straight forward. I have an electric FP gauge and boost gauge in mine. I drilled a hole in the firewall on the passenger side under the dash, and ran my wire/tubing into the engine compartment. I had no problem with the fit, but agree its not a very solid way to mount something.
95Convert is offline   Reply With Quote