MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2001, 10:57 AM   #1
MustangLX90
Registered Member

Question Question???

Need to get my antenna of to put my car cover on. I put a closed end wrench on it and tried to loosen it but it wont budge and the top of the fender really flexes. How can i get it off?
MustangLX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:26 AM   #2
Skankin
Registered Member

If the car's inside, you could just poke a little hole in the cover...
Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 12:22 PM   #3
MustangLX90
Registered Member

Angry

It says in the car cover instructions that i should remove the antenna, then put the cover on, and then poke a hole in the cover so that I know exactly where the hole should be in the cover and then reinstall the antenna. Does the mast unscrew from the base that is on the fender?
MustangLX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 12:27 PM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Your antenna should just unscrew from the base. I would put some monkey grease (penetrating grease) in there if you have some. It may have rusted a bit and seized up. After it sits a minute, try that wrench again.

Another thing to consider, if someone owned the car before you, they may have used lock-tite or thread sealer, maybe even super-glu to keep the antenna from being stolen.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 12:51 PM   #5
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Good point Nathan, Seeing that I have to constantly tighten the darn thing from coming off itself, someone may have had the same problem and glued and or sealed it to stay for good. Just a thought....

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit, March underdrive pulley's Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip and Lentech Street Terminator plus on it's way...
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:38 AM   #6
summerscheifer
Registered Member

Default Re: Question???

just bought a new AC DELCO power antenna mast and it came with a small packet of grease. Is this grease to lubricate the gears.I just want to verify what this grease is used for since it came with no instructions.
summerscheifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:05 AM   #7
ratman
Registered Member

Question Re: Question???

i got 1991 lx turn over wont start new fuel pump filter fuel regulator and mod on the dist ran out of gas wont start re fire
ratman is offline   Reply With Quote