MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2002, 08:08 PM   #1
spankaveli
Registered Member

Default questions about maf conversion

im gonna redo the maf wiring because its a ****ty job and frankly i think it needs to be done over again. i bought this wiring kit : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...863639550&rd=1 and am following these instructions : http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html

everything is self explanitory but i just need to know one thing. it says i have to splice wires into the fuel relay and the vss. will these wires hurt performance if they're not hooked up? the instructions say it might. these 3 wires are not done when my car was converted to maf. im not sure if the thermactor pins were moved because it started raining before i got a chance to check that. bascially im going to rewire the whole conversion, but i just was wondering if those things not being hooked up will hurt performance.

reason im redoing it (besides a ****ty job) is because the cars been giving me a big headache for the past month or so and the other day we discovered that the power wire for the maf had been stripped of its insulation where it meets the firewall because the fool that did it didn't use a grommet and barely made the whole big enough for the 4 wires sorry for the long post, just aggrivated with this crap.

cliff notes: ****ty maf conversion by previous owner. do the vss and fuel relay additions to the ecu for the conversion matter?